Retail Crush

Thank you for the request!

.

Jay was casually cleaning the shop. In fact, there was nothing else to do in this boring Tuesday afternoon.
Jay had started this part time job as sales assistant three weeks ago, and so far he had mostly helped elderly women find blouses their size. Which wasn't really a problem, but Jay hoped to meet people his age as well.

He sighed, looking at the clock on the wall. In two hours and thirty four minutes, he'd be free to go home. Which he was looking forward to.

The design school in which he wanted to enroll next year had organized a contest, and Jay was determined to win. The task was "simple": he had to design a collection of six outfits. The theme was "revisiting old time favorites", which happened to be Jay's favorite inspiration. He loved interpreting classic fashion pieces with his own modern style.

He already had designed three pieces, all reconstructed trench coats, and he couldn't wait coming home to continue.

His eyes suddenly sparkled with his fierce determination to become Korea's most famous designer.
He knew he could do it.

However, a quick glance at the mirror reminded him what he was, for now.
A sales assistant.
At least his part time job was in fashion.

He sighed and started yet another doodle for his next piece. Jay was so focused that he didn't hear the now familiar bell of the entrance door.

"Hum, excuse me" said a sweet voice in front of Jay, nonetheless startling him.
"Oh! Good afternoon, sir" replied Jay, embarrassed. "I'm really sorry I didn't hear you coming in."
"It's okay, really" replied the young man, smiling at Jay.

The wave of shock Jay received froze his brain.

The young man had the cutest dimple on his cheek. So cute that it should be illegal. Not only did he have the sweetest dimple, but his eyes did smile along with his lips.
Jay sighed internally.

He had never seen someone like him. Words weren't enough to describe the tempest raging in his stomach right now.

"My name is Jay" said the latter, dying to know the name of his customer. "I'll be your shopping assistant today."
"Nice to meet you" replied the young man, passing his hand through his hair. "I'm Jungwon!"

Jay nodded, he had a beautiful name that suited him so well.

"What can I help you with?" asked Jay, remembering he was supposed to work.
"Well, I'm looking for pants and a jacket-" started Jungwon.
"No need to say more, I have exactly what you need" said Jay, already going through the clothes rack on his left.
"It's" started Jungwon.
"I think this could be your size" commented Jay, looking through his stock.

Jungwon didn't speak anymore, he just watched as Jay separated several pair of pants.

"I think this colors will compliment the complexion of your skin the best" he commented.

Jungwon nodded, shyly smiling.

"Let me show you our changing cabin" added Jay, guiding Jungwon.

The young man got in to try the first pants. They were dark blue and fitted.
Jungwon stepped out of the cabin and looked at his reflection on the mirror, unaware that Jay had hearts in his eyes.

"How do you feel?" asked Jay.
"The pants do look good, but I think I'm not confortable with such fitted clothes, if that makes sense. I prefer baggier one" explained Jungwon.

"No worries, I can bring you less fitted pants" said Jay, already listing all he had in stock. "What about the color?"
"The color is perfect actually" replied Jungwon, shyly smiling again.
"Good. You can go back into the cabin, I'll be back with another pair soon" said Jay.

He watched Jungwon turn back and smiled widely. The color was perfect.

It's a shame he doesn't like fitted pants, he looked amazing in them. Well, he'd look amazing in anything.

Jay would be lying if he said he hadn't checked Jungwon's bottom, gracefully highlighted by the pants.

-

"How are those?" asked Jay once again.

It was the third pair Jungwon had tried on, and Jay thought this one would do the trick.
Jungwon turned around, checking his figure on the mirror.

A discreet smile appeared on his face, he seemed happy with how he looked. The pants had the same color as the first pair, was fitted on the waist, but became larger on the hips. Jungwon felt very much at ease in them.

"This one is perfect" he confirmed, smiling a bit wider.
"You do look very handsome in it" added Jay, not knowing if it was okay.

Jungwon turned his head and showed his dimple to Jay, melting the latter's heart.

"You also wanted a vest, right?" asked Jay.
"Oh, well, yes" replied Jungwon, suddenly shy again.

Jay took a measure tape out of his pocket and stepped towards Jungwon.

"Is it okay if I measure your shoulder length? So that I know your jacket size" asked Jay.
"Of course" replied Jungwon, turning around so that his back faced Jay.

Jay took the measure, impressed by Jungwon's broad shoulders, and taking a little longer than necessary.

Is it weird to notice how good he smells?

He internally took note and started looking through the jackets.

"Is it something you want to wear with the pants?" asked Jay, examining the colors.
"Oh, uh, yes sure" replied Jungwon, who on the contrary sounded unsure.

"So I'd go with this one" said Jay, taking a beautiful jacket with him.

He walked towards Jungwon and helped him try on the jacket.

"Wow" commented Jungwon out loud, expressing the exact thought that Jay was having.

Jungwon looked simply stunning in that outfit. The jacket highlighted his broad shoulders elegantly and his waist perfectly.
Jay kept his eyes on him, unable to do anything else.

"You picked the best jacket, thank you" finally said Jungwon, breaking the curse that kept Jay frozen.
"You're the most welcome" replied Jay, smiling.

-

Jungwon had just stepped into the street, a bag of clothes he didn't even need in the first place. He couldn't believe what had just happened. He had come to the store to buy an outfit for his mother, but Jay had mistakenly thought it was for him, and Jungwon didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. Jay seemed so happy to help Jungwon find clothes that the latter had just played along, too shy to stop the handsome sales assistant.

Jungwon was walking towards the train station, feeling a bit silly.

I should have asked him his phone number.