Awakened Pt2

"Omega!" shouted the staff.

Nothing did make much sense.
Jay saw himself walking back to his seat, unaware of what was happening around him.
As if he was using earplugs, sounds were muffled.

"Omega!" shouted the staff.

The word resonated intensely in his mind.
Jay started hearing a ringing and as he shook his head, his imaginary earplugs popped out and out of nowhere a wave of noise hit him brutally.

Completely lost, the omega looked around, only to realize he had been so absorbed in his own world that he hadn't noticed the crowd standing up and screaming.
Jay frowned, not understanding what was going on until his eyes finally landed on a hand.

The staff was holding a young man's hand up, just like he had held Jay's and everyone else's before. Murmurs spread around Jay, and he couldn't hear everything at once.

"How amazing!"
"Can you believe it?"
"How is that even possible?"

"I repeat" said the staff. "Our last Awakened is an Alpha, the only one this year."

Air escaped Jay's lungs. 

He quickly looked around, finally realizing he had been second to last to be called and that the young man on the stage was the last one of this year.
And he was an Alpha.

The concerned had dark blue hair, seemed shorter than Jay and had blushed cheeks.
He looked kind of embarrassed, as if he was as shocked as everyone else by the news.

The staff let the Alpha go and the latter walked towards Jay shaking slightly. He sat next to the Omega, on the same seat he had sat before, when Jay wasn't aware of his presence.

However, now that they had been Awakened, Jay couldn't not notice the Alpha.
His aura was extremely powerful and somehow smelled irresistible to Jay.

The staff that had called them was still on stage, probably wrapping up the ceremony, but Jay didn't even consider caring about that.
The only thing he was able to do right now was trying to contain his rage.
He had never felt so angry and lost before.

Not only was he not an Alpha, but he had been awakened as an Omega AND the only Alpha of their year was sitting right next to him.
Worst of all, the later didn't seem happy about it.

He beheld what Jay desired most and yet, he looked annoyed.

Jay couldn't comprehend how one wouldn't be thrilled after being Awakened as an Alpha. He had dreamed about it for so long...

Now he had to deal with this remaining a dream forever.

The Alpha next to him coughed.
Jay looked at him, ready to kill him with a simple glare. He had concentrated all of the hatred inside but as soon as his eyes met the Alpha's, his heart stopped.

~

Jay was in the family car. His parents had tried to show support but Jay hadn't heard them. He needed to mourn and really wasn't in the mood for anything. His father drove towards their house, as Jay had requested.

"Shall I at least cook you something you like?" asked his mother, with a sweet tone.

Jay knew she was trying to help him, to console him. However he didn't want that. He didn't deserve that.

"I lost my appetite, but thank you" he forced himself to answer.

She nodded as they arrived home. Jay got out and ran towards the door, unlocking it and disappearing inside of his bedroom.