USB

Jungwon walked out of his room, he needed to clear his mind a bit.

So much had been going on these days, and he knew it would continue like that for a while. After all, preparing for a world tour did imply a lot of hardwork. Plus, Jungwon had to make sure everyone was okay, as he was the leader.

That part didn't bother him so much anymore. It had become normal and natural for him. What felt overwhelming at first had become a routine. He knew how to be there for each member. Sometimes it was easy, like with Niki. He simply had to challenge him to play JustDance and the maknae released his tension while playing - or in this case, dancing.
Sometimes it was harder, like with Sunghoon. The latter was more calm and kept a lot for himself, so Jungwon always let him decide when he was ready to come talk to him.

Leader stuff.

That also meant Jungwon could count on each member in return. They all knew how much responsibility Jungwon has and they all pitched in to make him feel supported.

But sometimes it wasn't enough.

Tonight it wasn't enough.

It's just because I'm tired.

And he knew he wasn't going to get a vacation so soon.

For Engene!

This had been Enhypen's motivation. Every time someone got a move wrong during dance practice, every time someone mispronounced a word during singing practice, every time they felt overwhelmed.

They were doing it for Engene.

Funny how it also sounds like Engine.

Jungwon let a shy smile appear on his lips. He hadn't really thought about where he wanted to go, he simply had let his feet take him somewhere.
And now he was in the kitchen.

-

The water was boiling in a fascinating way. Jungwon watched the bubbles go up, feeling the warm steam in front of him. He had decided to try some of Jay's tea. He had a whole cabinet for teas, so why not?

This one says garden's tea, should fit right in.

He delicately grabbed the little tea bag and opened it, revealing a sweet fragrance.

Perfect.

The flowery smell of the tea had already calmed Jungwon somehow. He carefully followed the instructions and let the tea infuse for exactly 90 seconds. Happy, he took the little package, ready to place it back in the cabinet, when something caught his eye.

What is this?

Hidden between two tea containers, was a little black thingy. Jungwon had forgotten about his tea, he was way more interested by the hidden object, which turned out to be a USB port.

What are you doing here?

Jungwon quickly poured some of his tea in his kitty mug and ran to his computer, patiently waiting for him on the kitchen table.

Who could forget his USB port in the tea cabinet though?

Jungwon frowned, intrigued. On the other hand, he was about to discover it. The USB hadn't any name, but it did have a folder, named YJ.

Jungwon knew it belonged to someone, and that he just shouldn't be snooping around, but something deep inside in rushing him to just do it.

So he clicked on it.

There was only one video in the folder, and Jungwon instantly recognized Jay on the little thumbnail.

No way I'm not clicking on this now.

The video started, and Jungwon felt absorbed by it. Jay was looking down, as if he was looking for the words he wanted to say. Jungwon smiled unconsciously.

"Jungwonie..." he started.

Jungwon's heart skipped a beat. He loved when Jay called him that.

"I just.. I don't know what I was thinking" he said, still avoiding looking into the camera.

Jungwon wasn't able to breathe anymore. He recognized the orange hoodie Jay was wearing. It was the one he had given a few days after he had been nominated as Enhypen's leader. This video was over a year ago.

"This morning you've been announced as our leader and even though I'm extremely proud of you, can't help but feel concerned" continued Jay.

He looked genuinely sad.
Jungwon frowned. He didn't like that fact that Jay was sad because of him.

"You're still young, well, we all are don't get me wrong, but you're the second youngest and you're getting all these responsibilities.." finished Jay.

He stopped talking.
Jungwon saw his shoulders go up and down slowly. He had taken a deep breath.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'll do my best to help you in whatever burden you'll carry. I want to make your days easier" he said, finally looking up, until his eyes found the camera.

"This is a little awkward, sorry" he chuckled, making Jungwon chuckle too.

"I didn't know when nor how to tell you all this" confessed Jay. "I thought I'd be easier if I trained and filmed myself, like we do for dance practices."

"Oh Jay" whispered Jungwon.

"Please know that you can always count on me. I didn't even think I would be debuting at all, so debuting with you is the greatest gift I could ever have, so intend to cherish it and I plan on taking care of you the best I can, for as long as I can" said Jay, slightly blushing.

Jungwon had a big nod on his stomach, he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"This is pretty stupid. I think I should think about what to say before saying it right?" said Jay, chuckling.

"I guess I'll keep this one until I find better things to say" he ended.

"Why is this so hard?" he whispered.

Jungwon frowned.

"Everything is so easy around you. Your laugh, your smile... even if it is because you tease me" he said.

"Sorry" whispered Jungwon.

"All that to say, thank you for wanting to be our leader, I know you'll be perfect for it" said Jay, smiling at the camera.

Jay on screen froze, leaving Jungwon empty.

Enhypen's leader played the video again and again, until he almost knew it by heart.

After such a long week of work and worrying, this little token from the past was like a bubble of oxygen in the depths of the ocean.

Jungwon was about to press play once more when he heard the kitchen's doorknob moving.

"Jungwon?" asked a half asleep Jay.

.

.

Lil question for you all😌
Thinking about an Enhypen in Hogwards book, would you like this? It would be in addition to this book and EN-drama of course
(You can say no if you're not into Harry Potter, no worried, I won't take it personally)