4: Mile Run

Haru pushed his chair to the table and walked to his bed where there was a window beside it, deciding to look outside as he was able to see the river and the city buildings from here, including the wide Medium Zone far in front of him

Haru pushed his chair to the table and walked to his bed where there was a window beside it, deciding to look outside as he was able to see the river and the city buildings from here, including the wide Medium Zone far in front of him. Seeing the Mediums outside their warehouses still chit-chatting while being watched over by the guards, Haru silently recalled the incident earlier, wondering how the woman and her baby must be doing right now as he wished for their safety. He opted to change the world for the better, to strike a harmonious peace treaty between the humans and Mediums, if only he had the power and courage to do so. All he could do right now was sit down and be a 'good boy'.

Before he could lay himself on bed and blanket his body, Haru raised his eyebrows subtly upon noticing something odd.

A girl, he could see a young girl spying on what seemed to be the Medium Zone with a pair of binoculars, and he didn't know what that even meant. The girl was good at hiding though, as she hid herself in the dark shadows as to not be noticed by the guards. The young boy hummed and tilted his face in curiosity, and before he could leave his bed and try to sneak out of his house to find the girl, she was nowhere to be found.

-

The sound of a phone alarm resembling the chirping of a bird immediately woke Haru who was sleeping soundly

The sound of a phone alarm resembling the chirping of a bird immediately woke Haru who was sleeping soundly. The boy who was having a sweet dream opened his eyes wide with a gasp, lifting himself up from his lying position as he sat up on the bed. Still disoriented from the sudden awakening, Haru groaned and felt a bit dizzy and numbness in his mind, gritting his teeth and rubbing his legs that felt cramped all of a sudden. The young boy rubbed his tired eyelids and could hear the footsteps that belonged to Jungho outside his room as the guy seemed to be in a haste.

Haru mumbled incoherent words and whispers of complaint, still half-recovering his energy, and subconsciously turned to the right as he caught sight of the view outside the window beside his bed, giving him memory of the mysterious girl whom he spotted was spying on the Medium Zone last night. His mind was still bogged with questions that could overload his brain to intense dizziness. Who was that girl and what business did she have with the Medium Zone to the point she dared to spy on that location in the middle of the night?