28: Desperate Escape

"The Pure Harmony wants us to worship and revere Kazarat as much as they do, so that's what we do

"The Pure Harmony wants us to worship and revere Kazarat as much as they do, so that's what we do. We'll make them believe we have faith and belief in that Devil, we'll prove to them how worthy of warriors we are, and when we do, that's when I, you, and Eunmi, will bust out of this hell hole."

Eunmi instinctively stood up from her seat beside Sana, quickly standing in front of them as the middle girl bobbed her head at the oldest girl's words earlier.

"Sana has a point." Eunmi remarked. "The more we resist The Pure Harmony's religious faith, the harder they will drag us deeper to their twisted minds. We need to go with the flow and let them teach us how and why they believe so wholeheartedly in Kazarat, while at the same time still keeping in our minds our true goal, which is to break free and get back to our families." Afterwards, Eunmi extended her hand towards Sana and Hyera. "If we wok together, we can do this, so, friends...?"

Sana and Hyera both took their time to look at each other, before the both of them slowly faced Eunmi again and nodded in unison, stacking their hands altogether as a sign of a mutual agreement.

-

Five Years Later 495

Five Years Later
495

A siren rang loudly as several young Test Subjects ran everywhere and cowered in fear while the ground seemed to be shaking, and a wall with a large cracked hole was shown. The fearful cries and yells of the Test Subjects gave the impression as if the base was being attacked.

As the unstable chaos ensued, a firm thud was heard followed by loud clings of two swords falling to the ground as a young girl fell, her brunette hair disheveled and her chest heaving as she panted and groaned from the wound on her leg. The twelve-year-old Hyera gritted her teeth with a loud hiss again and held her injured leg before all of a sudden a large monstrous creature appeared right in front her, a beast resembling a giant lizard with six limbs and two tails with spiked clubs on their ends.

"Dammit, how did it even breach to the base?!?!" Hyera cursed under her breath as the beast roared a shrieking volume and crawled in a zooming speed towards where she lied injured, opening its mouth wide to attack before suddenly another girl flew towards it from behind and smashed her own body against the lizard beast's head, sending it crashing towards a wall which cracked upon contact.