17: Curiosity

Half an hour later, Mrs

Half an hour later, Mrs. Sana had excused herself as she walked out of the room, leaving Mi Na alone as the lady was still seated on her bed. She looked in front at the bottles again and gritted her teeth, snapping her fingers as the bottles then disintegrated into nothingness fading along with the air.

The Scarlet Hawk let out a long relieved sigh as if she had just gotten sober and ended her addiction, and so she slowly looked down at her belly, starting to feel the bump as she sensed the warm presence laying dormant inside her. The lady smiled and rubbed her belly with her right hand, still unbelievable but knowing she finally had another reason to continue living and fighting in this horrid but beautiful world.

"I.....I can feel your heartbeat...my sweet angel...." Mi Na muttered faintly, letting tears freely escape her eyes as she continued caressing her baby bump. "E-eomma...eomma will fight for you, arasseo? Just hang in there, we....we'll be a happy family in no time, you, me, and your mom.... Eomma loves you, my little one..."

-

The atmosphere in the cold room could be deemed to be quite calm otherwise, and inside were three people sitting together as they were facing one another

The atmosphere in the cold room could be deemed to be quite calm otherwise, and inside were three people sitting together as they were facing one another. Haru and Saerang sat side by side with two cups of warm tea presented to them while Balmong was sitting opposite the both of them as the man had been talking for what felt like quite a long time.

He rambled and explained as much information as he could without being too ambiguous and confusing at the same time, though he was also unable to deny the confusion clearly carved on Haru and Saerang's faces when hearing what he had in store for them. And so once the former Black Knight had finished telling the boy and girl everything, or at least what they needed to know, he sat comfortably and patiently awaited their responses.

Haru was the first to grab his previously untouched cup of warm tea, bringing it to his lips as he drank half a mouthful of it as the sound of his calmly drinking invaded Saerang's ears like thunder. Then, as he gently placed the cup back on the table in the middle of them three, he looked at Balmong right in the eyes, taking his time to comprehend what he and Saerang had just heard.