20: Ambush

A day ago before the International GatheringMilitary Base, Busan

Military Base, Busan

A small butterfly fluttered its vibrant decorative wings gracefully with full calmness, surrounding the entire military base before the elegant bug finally arrived at a certain area that was very quiet. The butterfly then landed on the knuckle of a woman who was still wearing the same torn dark blue dress, and her hair was even as messy as before.

The butterfly stayed still there for a moment as if it was enjoying the homeless woman's presence, and so she silently watched as it flapped its wings calmly, as if it was communicating with her. The woman gave no emotions however, as she gazed upon the undeniable beauty of the butterfly which seemingly brought her back to some happy memories, and after a few minutes of silence and staring at the butterfly, the sound of wind blowing was heard and a figure all of a sudden appeared out of nowhere right in front of the homeless woman, a lady clad in a dark blue coat and an apparently fixed fox mask she donned.

"When you told me you would be blending in as a lesser being with these people.....," the masked lady breathed out distortedly as she brushed her hair with her gloved fingers, "I thought it'd be a military officer, or maybe even a Hagari Warrior Candidate, never thought it'd be a homeless woman." she finished.

"It's still too early to be meeting me here," the homeless woman replied while still staring at the butterfly on her knuckle, "unnie."

Seto responded to her younger sister's statement with a low chuckle and proceeded to sit beside her, at times occasionally stealing glances from the butterly as well, as if it gave her a tiny sense of comfort and peace she had longed for.

"Where's the mistake with wanting to check on my little sister first? I'm simply showing you the fact that I am still capable of 'human' affection." Seto said and looked at the river Chaeyoung had been sitting by for a while. The younger woman said nothing, seemingy giving the masked lady a cue to continue speaking again. "Anjeong, hm? A rather fitting name for someone like you. If we hadn't been separated since I was born, that would have been one of your names I'd suggest to Mother."

She didn't say anything again for a moment because frankly, Chaeyoung didn't know what to react with that piece of information. She looked up for a moment and stared at the blue sky that was starting to get yellow because of the falling evening.

"Well I'm grateful she gave me whatever name I have now." Chaeyoung breathed out and continued glancing at the butterfly which was calmly flapping its colourful wings. She slowly turned to face Seto who seemed conflicted with her words, because deep inside, she didn't even know whether or not she should thank their parents for giving her her name.

"We both are tragic souls born without our mother to raise us but our fathers," Seto paused when she remembered that she had no actual father to raise her, a bitter realization indeed, "or at least figures we looked up to as fathers in my case..." she hummed, ending her statement. "How's our beloved brother doing?" she asked, genuine curiosity in her tone of voice.