21: Certainty

Mi Na gritted her teeth, thinking of saying something else, but then she sensed more presences coming their way, and the out of  nowhere the Crescent Shadow landed on the ground right behind Chaeyoung and Seto, making the Scarlet Hawk back off in ...

Mi Na gritted her teeth, thinking of saying something else, but then she sensed more presences coming their way, and the out of  nowhere the Crescent Shadow landed on the ground right behind Chaeyoung and Seto, making the Scarlet Hawk back off in surprise.

"Well, well, well, seems like we missed some fun over here.." Kareum chuckled, holding her spear by her side.

"At least we had our own fun back there, didn't we, little sister?" Gintang stretched his neck, grinning with his sharp teeth shown afterwards.

"So it's true...you're really with the Crescent Shadow..." Mi Na mumbled with shaky lips as she faced Chaeyoung who didn't say a word. Then a realization came into her. "Wa-wait.... So if you're here, then that means-!" she gasped.

"Oh don't you worry alright, your friends are all fine." Hitae answered with a low chuckle. "They're just....," she paused and gestured a sleeping sign, earning a furious growl from the Scarlet Hawk, "you get it?" she giggled.

"Chaeyoung......why...? Why them?" Mi Na spoke, her voice filled with betrayal.

"Why us? Huh, why us?" Hitae snorted and hung her arm around Chaeyoung's shoulder--though the woman's expression was blank, she seemed to be bothered by the lady's quite excessive touchiness. "We're her new friends, can't you see that?" Hitae giggled and shook Chaeyoung's body lightly.

Mi Na gritted her teeth with her fists balled, her eyes turning red. In a split second, she dashed towards them, trying to hit Hitae away from Chaeyoung only for the Blue Paragon to suddenly charge towards her as she pressed her fingers against Mi Na's forehead. A loud gasp was heard from the Scarlet Hawk, as if she suddenly lost her energy, and in a matter of seconds, she fell to the ground unconscious.

Chaeyoung let out a deep sigh as she stared at her former lover's unconscious body, then she felt Hitae walk beside her.

"Aw, you should have let me kill her." Hitae stated, earning a cold stare from the Blue Paragon. "Alright alright, just kidding. Maybe next time, if you no longer have these lingering feelings for her." she hummed before eventually walking back to group up with the Crescent Shadow and Seto who had been paying attention to her sister's expression and gestures.

Chaeyoung kneeled down and looked at Mi Na with somber eyes, then she averted her eyes to the lady's belly, where their baby lied inside. With a trembling hand she caressed Mi Na's bump for the very first time.

".....forgive eomma, my precious."

-