25: Tensity

A flock of unusually large birds, oddly with horns on their heads, gathered around and started mercilessly feasting on a carcass of a creature, the horrifyingly mangled state it was currently in rendering it impossible to identify its species

A flock of unusually large birds, oddly with horns on their heads, gathered around and started mercilessly feasting on a carcass of a creature, the horrifyingly mangled state it was currently in rendering it impossible to identify its species. The winged scavengers screeched and one of them, the larger and alpha one, spread its wings as it hissed at the other smaller ones which made attempts to steal a portion of his own personal share.

The smaller scavenger birds hung their heads out of fear instead of respect, and suddenly one of them made the daring decision to go for the chance, zooming towards the alpha and trying to forcefully take the piece of meat away from him. Before a brutal clash of determining the new leader could ensue, a portal all of a sudden opened right beside them, surprising the horned birds which screeched and backed off from the carcass before all of them immediately flew as far away as possible from the current site.

Out of the shining space-time-bending door, walked six figures out of it along with the dragon that accompanied them. Said figures stood in the middle of the desert realm that was nothing but a barren field, and by the looks of how long they remained in their current predicament, the only move of muscles being them eyeing around the Outer Realm, they seemed to be reminiscing long forgotten memories they chose to bury deep beneath the ground they called past.

"So this is the place they call the Outer Realm..." Yeomra mumbled while making a slow nod, eyeing to the left and to the right to take in sight the flora or fauna, at least those he could see, flourishing in this dying land. "This doesn't look like it's worse than Hell after all."

"Easy for you to say, Uncle Yeomra." Jeong Yeon breathed out while folding her arms as she casually rolled her eyes. "In the mortal realm you wake up to rats tearing your precious belongings apart, here you wake to the warmth of fire-breathing monsters threatening to turn you into the past tense." the lady hummed a quick pause before she slowly turned to give Yeomra a sarcastic look. "Besides, we do have Grandfather to thank for, don't we?" she chuckled.

Sana took her limited time gazing around the Outer Realm, which frankly she had only visited for the second time, with folded arms, indicating she wasn't fully approving of this situation, and turned to face Yeomra beside her.