11: That Someone

Night came to greet everyone in Busan, the cold dark blue sky and thick clouds covering the Moon were enough as a marker for that already

Night came to greet everyone in Busan, the cold dark blue sky and thick clouds covering the Moon were enough as a marker for that already. Crowds filled the bright city, many people were strolling around the vibrant and beautiful streets while the military base was lit up with many colorful lights. Children were running around the festival visiting shops and buying gifts and goods for themselves while the parents had fun with themselves looking for delicacies and fresh drinks. The festival had begun.

While all that was happening in the background just outside the military base, there were a lot of military cars and trucks moving towards the base through a fairly safe and secluded road, avoiding the civilians nearby so as not to cause a potential riot. Many of the cars carried different flags, including the US, India, Russia and China.

Fortunately, the festival being held was really lively and also friendly at the same time to appease the locals in Busan, lots of people selling food and whatnot, placing their vendors around the military base area to attract a lot of attention. Indeed they did know that other countries were going to visit their beloved city, but it didn't hide the mere possibility itself that there could be a sudden ambush that could devour many lives.

Several soldiers came out of the military base, bringing along huge boards with huge and clear signs saying "Military Only". Then, some others set up borders that limited the reach between the military base and the civilians area. The festival's tents were so big they could swallow entire houses, and the event itself was split into two zones, Military Only and Civilians Only, as to avoid unnecessary confusion and mix-ups.

Kang-min and Songhan stood calmly along with the other military higher-ups just behind the entrance gates of the military base. The commander and the general took shallow breaths as they internally counted the number of foreign military cars stepping onto the area of their base, and each car they counted, their nervousness multiplied tenfold.

"Just smile and bow, Kang-min, we need to greet our allies with warmth." Songhan muttered while having his body posture remain stoic and firm.

"I am smiling, General." Kang-min muttered silently though evidently, his lips were flat and thin perfectly. Behind them stood many soldiers holding assault rifles and bulletproof suits, readying themselves in case someone was to attack them unexpectedly. "I haven't seen any signs of Yoon Haejoon, General. Did he change his mind on attending the 'festival'?"

"He's here, alright, he's here. Haejoon is......let's just say he's busy making sure the stage performance he'll give our friends here goes well." Songhan replied, eyes focused on the military cars and trucks which had finally stopped moving at last, parking right in front of the South Korean military forces. The soldiers prepared themselves and stood straight, ready to welcome their allies from the other side of the world.

Soon enough, each military car of the different countries opened the doors, revealing armed troops of different bands and flags they prided themselves in. The generals of each country then walked out of their cars and slowly and carefully walked towards Songhan and Kang-min, the latter tensing up a bit all of a sudden until he felt the general's hand on his shoulder as he was silently reassuring him.