10: Proved Worthiness

"Many places you have no idea of I have gone to besides wandering around in the streets of this country

"Many places you have no idea of I have gone to besides wandering around in the streets of this country. Observing, watching." Anjeong paused for a moment, as if something was in her mind, before she resumed. "Where there are good people who truly want peace and compassion, good people who are willing to lay down their lives for their loved ones, there are also those who are cruel, those who prefer chaos over tranquility just because it's their nature, because they find chaos amusing. It's just how the world really is, it isn't all beauty and sunshines and rainbows where you get to leave your house and dance merrily while singing a sing-along song with your friends as if you're in a movie. Everyday I wonder, if hatred never existed in the first place, how would the world be? Would it be all peaceful with everyone loving one another? Or would some eventually discover violence and seek to infect the world with it?"

"I admit, though peace is my goal, my wish, a world with total peace is nearly practically impossible to achieve, Anjeong ahjumma......" Haru sighed and looked down as he bit his lower lip. "Eventually, some people will always find a way to create war and destruction, it's what makes the world...the world. I really want peace for all Mediums and humans, but seeing the state the world is in now, I....I think I've got a long way to go."

"I know. You are a kind boy, Haru, you really are." Anjeong softly spoke as she rested her hand on Haru's shoulder. The boy turned to look at the woman who still had her gaze fixed to the sky as silence followed and engulfed the space between them for a moment. "However, a world with total peace is not impossible, it is just that no one has ever had the will strong enough to achieve that wish. Eventually, someone has to step up, someone has to fulfill it, no matter the cost, and one day...." the woman trailed off, her gaze turning serious...

"That someone will come."

-

The Next Day

The Next Day

It was merely a few seconds the phone of a certain boy started ringing, a different ringtone this time, and Haru immediately opened his eyes wide, wasting no time as he grabbed his phone and switched it off. The young boy sat up on his bed properly and let out a long yawn, stretching his arms out as he quickly got off and down on his feet.