7: A Wish

"We'll put her with the homeless," another soldier inquired firmly before he went inside the car to take out something, a medium-sized ankle tag monitor used to locate the whereabouts of whoever wore them, "in the meantime, we'll have to keep our ...

"We'll put her with the homeless," another soldier inquired firmly before he went inside the car to take out something, a medium-sized ankle tag monitor used to locate the whereabouts of whoever wore them, "in the meantime, we'll have to keep our eyes on you, ma'am, understood?" he raised his eyebrows, kneeling down as he attached the monitor to her left collar, locking it in place as it started beeping blue light.

The homeless woman didn't answer a thing, remaining silent, earning small scoffs from some soldiers who looked at her in disbelief.

"What? Is she deaf or somethin'?" some of the soldiers mumbled quietly, but the woman didn't budge, only remaining still. The soldier sighed softly and turned to the others, gesturing them to take her to the shelter for the homeless, and that they did, taking her along as they brought her to the building while making sure she was still wearing the ankle tag.

"That was close...." Haru mumbled with a small sigh to which Kang-min agreed wholeheartedly with a small nod. The commander squinted his eyes as he focused on the homeless woman who seemed emotionless and dead on the inside, as if she didn't even care if she was scanned as a Medium from earlier, but then he decided to shake his thoughts off.

-

As the dark blue night fell and coloured the sky, the sound of utensils colliding against the plates and the subtle chewing of foods as well as some inaudible mutterings heard from the TV echoed through the Lee household

As the dark blue night fell and coloured the sky, the sound of utensils colliding against the plates and the subtle chewing of foods as well as some inaudible mutterings heard from the TV echoed through the Lee household. The three members of the family, at least the last of their own family, were seated at a circular dining table, and in front of them were a large plate of japchae, a box of kimchi, a large bowl of yukgaejang, and three glasses of citron tea for each of them.

Songhan took a slice of beef from the bowl of yukgaejang using a pair of flower-decorated steel chopsticks, calmly chewing the meat while his eyes were fixed meaninglessly on the foods in front of him. Meanwhile, Jungho seemed to be noticing the awkward situation the father and sons were in, silently chewing on his kimchi as he subtly looked at Songhan and Haru simultaneously. A news was being played on the TV in the living room, but the noise were so muffled and distant they didn't bother peeking their ears out to listen to it.