Chapter 6 | Right Now

"Thank you so much for meeting me, Larissa

"Thank you so much for meeting me, Larissa. It was a pleasure," Kali, my school advisor, said as we made our way out of the restaurant. We met early in the morning grabbing breakfast instead of lunch. It was a coincidence that we bumped into each other at the coffee shop.

"No, the pleasure was all mine," I said.

"I hope to see you around campus drop by my office often," she says, "Take care see you next week," she enters the taxi heading home. I walk back to the apartment thinking about my schedule. Classes were early in the morning while rounds were in the afternoon and some late nights. The morning was bright but cold as the fall was settling in. September is in three weeks meaning I will be back home to visit my family. Alice was working today but had the day off tomorrow unlike Tristan who apparently had days off as well.

Yesterday when we came back home, we made plans.

Unlocking the door, I enter the place grabbing a beer from the refrigerator. Overthinking again frying my brain. Sipping my beer, I was drowning my thoughts in the alcohol, rethinking this choice. I didn't have work tomorrow so I could get drunk.

Right?

There was a knock on the door breaking my thoughts. Before I could open it, someone walked in.

"You should lock your door, someone could rob you," Tristan's voice enters the room. He jumps on the couch laying down on it. He grabs the open bag of chips that were on the living room table eating them.

"Make yourself at home," I said sarcastically, "What are you doing here?" I ask. He is usually here when a certain someone is here. Within the weeks I've been living here Alice and I grew inseparable making Tristan jealous.

He finishes the chips, "Can I not visit my favorite neighbor?" he said as I gave him the 'cut the bullshit' look. "Alright I'm bored and you're the only one here that is tolerable."

I laugh, shaking my head, "Gee thanks dude. Here," I hand him a beer before sitting down on the couch, "So what's up? There must be a real reason why you came here?" I ask.

He takes a minute before answering, typically Tristan, "Like I said I was bored, why is that hard for you to believe," he says, "I have two tickets for the Boston Red Sox this Friday's game against the New York Yankees. I was wondering if you want to go since I saw you had a Red Sox jersey that day you moved in." he said.

"I'm 100% going to that game. I've been dying to see them play in real life and got tired of seeing them through the screen," I said happily but something in my mind was questioning his request, "Wait why me? Not Alice?" I ask. He didn't want me to accompany him to the game. Alice probably rejected him.

"Alice doesn't like baseball but she's still going, and you were the only person I wanted to go with. Besides you seem like you know baseball, so we have time to become friends," he takes a sip of the beer.