Chapter 13 | Friends

This entire week the company has managed to lose another investor

This entire week the company has managed to lose another investor. It's becoming hard to increase the income of the employees but as my father had reminded me from yesterday's call. 'Your uncle has given you multiple lessons on how to run the company smoothly. He would be disappointed in you on the work rate of employees. Do better Matthew.' This was a new conversation from my lovely father but a constant reminder on how I'm disappointing the family more and more.

I need a fucking break.

"Why don't the both of you join me tonight at the club?" Noah's brilliant girlfriend, Lucy, suggests.

My head looks at the ceiling, "Thank you Jesus," I look at her, "I think that's a brilliant idea, Lucy. Don't you Noah?" I urged.

"Your highness," my eyes scold him, "Matt it's not a great idea for you. What if someone recognizes you? Your parents will have you on the first plane back to England," he says. Lucy elbows him in the stomach, "Luce is the prince," he tells her.

"That hasn't stopped him from clubbing back home," she rebuts, "It can be seen as an investment for the company. Your uncle invested in clubs, right?" she prys. Nodding at her question, "It's settled. We can call the owner of the Down Nightclub," she advised. Lucy has been my personal assistant— a gift from my parents— we saw eye to eye on the same goals: proving my parents wrong. Lucy is one beautiful woman, hell I try to get her in bed, but she was more interested in someone else. Noah and Lucy wouldn't be together if it wasn't for me.

Okay that may not be true, but they did meet through me. I was the messenger in a sense.

"I still believe that th-"

"Noah don't you ever let loose. Where's the teenager you once were? We haven't been anywhere else but at company events. There hasn't been a newspaper where the front page is 'England's Royal Prince Charming is here in Boston' we're fine." I try to reason with him. The club is exactly what I need right now. The company. Parents' constant complaints. Those rosy lips. With being away from the world of media I'm able to have fun. Experience this life of freedom with no royal guards breathing down your neck. Having to meet those disappointed eyes of your parents the next morning.

A deep breath leaves Noah, "Fine but if I see or hear something with you and cameras, we're coming back home." he reasoned. My body embraces him in a tight hug kissing his cheek, "Get off," he tries to push me off.

"Lucy you better give this man the greatest sex of his life," she squeals smacking my arm

"Well, it's only," Noah looks down on his watch, "9, we can leave in an hour."

Lucy glares at Noah, "An hour? That's not enough time for me to get ready," he opens his mouth, but her fingers shush him, "I'm not walking out like this. I'll return in thirty minutes, if not you can pick me up," she walks towards the door.

"You look perfect to me," he says but she continues walking, "Be ready in an hour. Luce wait!" he calls after her. A laugh leaves my lips closing the door.