Chapter 8 | Awkward Date

Walking out my bedroom fully dressed in the outfit Alice had picked out, my feet stayed glued on the floor as I entered the kitchen

Walking out my bedroom fully dressed in the outfit Alice had picked out, my feet stayed glued on the floor as I entered the kitchen. The smell in the atmosphere was heaven. It was something I haven't had in a while, sopaipillas. Quickly sitting down, I stuffed my mouth not giving a damn on how full I will be. A moan leaves my lips, "These are amazing," I say.

"Thank you I made them last night," Alice says as she walks in with Tristan, "Larissa about last night," there was nothing to talk about.

"What about last night?" I ask.

"You and Matthew seemed pretty angry at each other," she didn't need to finish her sentence. I already knew what she meant. There weren't any mutual feelings after our conversation. He didn't want to confess the truth which I couldn't blame him as it wasn't his story to tell. Although my emotions were straight forward nothing else.

After stuffing my mouth, I take one last bite before speaking, "Last night was nothing alright. He came for a favor which owes me know that's it, sure there was a certain anger thrown in our conversation but I'm sure it was nothing," I told her with a straight face before she could respond back there was a knock on the door. Tristan walks towards it viewing from the peep hole.

"It's Matthew," he says. Great what does that fucker want now? Their eyes open as if there was a gigantic elephant in the room. I was confused. Looking around to find what surprised them I found nothing, "No hard feelings from last night?" Tristan jokes.

"Way to stay true to your words Larissa," she snickers before opening the door.

"Don- Hello Matthew what brings you to my place once again," I ask sarcastically. He enters my place, "Come right in," I mumble getting annoyed by his presence. He looks around finding no one in the room, where did Alice and Tristan go? They couldn't possibly leave me alone with this handsome monster. He stood in the middle of the living room not giving the attention he wanted. I reenter the kitchen.

Footsteps follow me, "Larissa about last night," he speaks.

"Didn't happen," I told him, "You never bought your friend, never got my help, and never saw me. Now that is settled you can leave my place now," my hands motion him to the door.

He scoffs, "No."

Did he just say no? Excuse me.

"I'm not leaving without you. You promised me breakfast and in return an explanation," he tempts me. My mind starts pondering over which decisions to pick, I can get a free breakfast but then seeing Matthew's face will ruin my appetite.

"Ok."

His eyes widen, "Okay after you," he opens my door. Before he closes the door thing 1 & thing 2 pop out giving me two thumbs up. One thing is on my mind, murder. The walk downstairs was quiet. Albert greets us earning us to speak to each other. "Thank you," Matthew says. I look at him, "For last night. Everything happened so fast that I couldn't think straight," he opens the door for me as we walk outside, "Last night I wasn't in the right mind. I only thought of my friend and getting help, that's it."