Chapter 39 | News

I wanted to crawl to the Earth's core

Damian made sure I was well-prepared for what I was going to say to Matthew, which frankly was a bit nerve racking. Because I didn't know if he would understand the things, I would tell him.

I was scared that he may tell me the truth I don't expect him to tell me.

"Hey, what are we doing today?" my brother asks as he comes into my room, "I'm bored."

I laugh as he throws himself on my bed, "Nothing it's almost night anyways," I tell him to put my laundry away. Damian and I spent the rest of the day after lunch walking around and showing him around town. We even went to Bova's and saw Carlos and Clarissa who were happy to see me again. Damian never had a sweet tooth, but I still got something from the bakery.

When we got back to my place, I had put clothes to dry as I had left a load in the washer before leaving for work.

"Night is always the best time to go out clubbing or to a bar," he says, throwing a pair of clean socks in the air.

I catch the socks, "You're not even over 21 so you can't drink or get into a club. I'm starting to think you only came here thinking you were going to get freedom," I suggest.

He shakes his head, "No, I came here to be with my favorite sister."

"I'm your only sister."

He squints his eyes, "Touché. But what are we doing?"

"Well, we could watch Christmas movies and make hot chocolate? Just how we used to when we were kids," I tell him as he smiles at the idea.

"OK, I will make the hot chocolate because last time you burned the milk which makes no sense as it's milk. While I do that you go get more pan dulce from the bakery," he says walking into the kitchen. I nodded in agreement putting on a hoodie as the weather was now freezing cold and I wasn't used to it.

It would be forty degrees and Tristan would only have a zipper on with shorts and not be cold. I have called him crazy until I saw Alice in a dress a few nights ago before their date, she said that she was used to wearing dresses and wearing a jacket only. Which makes me wonder how she was during college when there were parties.

All I know is that Tristan would be by her side and give her his sweater. Stepping out of my room, Damian was in the kitchen grabbing out the ingredients to start making the hot chocolate.

"I'll be back, don't burn down the place." I tell him before walking out the door. I didn't take my keys since Damian is inside and I know he won't leave.

I took my time walking to the bakery as it was a nice night. I had bid a hello to Albert who was decorating his desk with Christmas decorations, which I needed to do for my place.

Damian wasn't leaving until two days so we both could go to the store and pick out decorations tomorrow. This was going to be the first time I was going to spend the holidays without my parents, but they understood when I had said the hospital needs workers.