Chapter 18 | Bloody Date

I called my therapist

"Lali, what are you scared of?" Damian asked me as we both couldn't sleep. It was almost one in the morning here but back home it was only nine. "He won't be like Aidan, and you know that."

Damian knew.

It took him a while to calm down before he could tell my parents, but he didn't. He told me that I must be the one not him — me. There's not a moment where he's not wrong, the only bad thing is I have a time limit.

"Everything. I'm scared of everything. Matthew seems like a genuine guy but there's something in me telling me to wait. But he's everywhere. I can't get him out of my mind," I tell him, "But I'm hearing two things."

He sighs before lecturing me once again, "Alright this the last time I will be saying this you need to let him go. Move on, yes, I know you've moved on but you're still lingering on part of him in you. That same part that made you oblivious to understand that Aidan was hurting you. Just go on one date with Matthew, that's it. If everything he does seems perfectly wrong for you then don't do another date. Just one date, give the poor man a chance. Daniel has informed me that Matty boy has never taken his eyes from you the entire night at game night. And I've seen pictures of him practically as an upgrade, Lali."

I spit out my water, "Damian really? That's all that matters to you," I couldn't believe him, "But okay I will give him a chance. I will let love come once more but one wrong move and I'm officially done with relationships." Damian and I continue our conversation with a small catch up as it's been a while since we talked. The problem is when it comes to Damian nothing passes by the both of us, so you figure this is also his therapy session with his therapist — me. "Now there's a little bird telling me that you rejected that young, beautiful, amazing, sexy, Hannah. Just repeating your words bro," I say.

"Mom heard me, didn't she?" he groans as I mmh a yes. "OK yes, I did but here's the real reason why. Yes, I like her, but she doesn't. Last week one of her friends was around the soccer team and you know how the guys get whenever one of us is "lovely dovely" — they tease. At that time none of us knew she was there so obviously she heard everything the minute Hannah's name was mentioned. Days later Hannah comes up to me while her friends watch behind her with a gritty smile and the urge to laugh. She says 'Damian, right? Do you maybe want to go watch a movie this weekend?' There were two reasons for my rejection. One she was forced by her friend as soon as she heard my crush on her and thought that Hannah dating a soccer player meant all of them would have the possibility of dating one of them. They wanted to increase their popularity. The second one is I found out that before she asked me out, she made out with Jeremy the pitcher from the baseball player behind the bleachers. Literally three fucking hours before. First Daisy then Jasmine now Hannah, I was so close to giving her my heart but seeing her friends laugh and play it off made me mad. Lali, I think the both of you won't have a good experience with love, but Matthew might be a new start, probably the last person for you, who knows?" he says.