Chapter 21 | D-1

It was Friday

It was Friday.

The first day of our date getaway.

Alone with her.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" Noah says as he's in the kitchen making a protein shake. We went to the gym early in the morning to let out the steam we both had from this week.

After the business dinner Logan decided to stay and help out the company alongside Noah. And the meetings weren't doing well besides Borealis, Fresh Fields, and Met Connect. It wasn't the demand on the profit that wasn't going to balance out our company. But the environment of each work wasn't fit for us. Thank God, Logan and Noah negotiated good terms with the three companies — all good fortune. They went over the folders to oversee any possible issues the day before and yesterday. For a minute they begged me to stay and help them, but I couldn't.

Taking off the lid of my water bottle, "Noah. I will be fine, don't worry about me. Larissa said that this cabin is an hour away from the nearest town." I reassured the worrisome bodyguard.

Pouring the shake into the bottle, Noah's feelings were practically surrounding my place. Not so good for the aurora, "Has she found out about you, your Royal Highness?"

I froze.

Obviously, I wanted this relationship to be something that would not end. But I couldn't help it if she knew the title I had. Would everything change between the both of us? Was she going to use me like every other person? No, I wanted this to be special, "Not yet. I want this to be something in my life that is good, Noah." He nodded understanding what I said. It's hard finding love while you're part of the royal family. Everyone is pin-pointing scandals, arranged marriages, deals, etc.

Love doesn't exist in the royal family.

But I knew it was there somewhere.

My mother married my father because she was the Prime Minister's heir. She tried badly to feel something for him, but the King had other plans. Sleeping with the Secretary of Ministry or the maid of the west wing. He couldn't keep his dick in his pants. Although, my mother never found her true love. She made us believe that there was that special someone in the world for us — Christian found his true person, Rosalie.

I long for someone.

I want her to be that someone.

He showed that we, Maxwell men, can love someone with the flaws we were born with. The lies bashed on our name. Rosalie fell in love with the man she got to learn. She fell in love with my own brother, Christian, who we thought was capable of love. Christian fought her. She was the one for him. No other girl would light up the world for him — like her.

They were stars aligned.

She managed to tolerate my father's expectation, he only agreed to this marriage because of the connection she had with the France Ministry.