Chapter 14 | Coffee

We stayed standing up admiring the view of the night in Boston

We stayed standing up admiring the view of the night in Boston. Seeing different buildings turning off their lights. People walking, filling the streets with laughter. Her eyes fixated on the view while mine were on hers. Her tear stained slightly puffy eyes masking the pain she was remembering. Her hands were wrapped around the body allowing my t-shirt to hug her body.

"You're staring," she says. My head quickly whips back to the window, "Matthew about what happened," she turns to me, "Thank you." A confused grin appears on my face, "I don't know what triggered it but I'm glad you were there. Daniel and my mother are the only ones who've seen my attacks."

My hand reaches out for hers, "Lara it's okay, I don't need an explanation. Just know that friends help each other out," I say. Friends are what we are. I'm not expecting for her to take me as her man or anything. My heart aches for the pain she felt but it beats for her— for a girl I met. My parents would be disappointed in me for this— friends are all we're going to be. "Why don't we watch a movie? I bet you're not tired anymore, or are you?" I ask her.  She shakes her head, "How does The Notebook sound?"

A gasp escapes from her, "Are you suggesting that because I'm a girl?" she teases. Groaning, she laughs, "Why don't we watch The Wedding Planner?"

"What's the difference, they're both chick flicks!" I exclaimed.

Scoffing, "There is a difference, this one is about a wedding planner," she laughs. "We don't have to watch it; I can just leave now."

She turns slowly walking before I grab her arm, "We can watch it," I don't want her to leave just yet. Moving to the couch I turn on the television searching for the movie, "Do you want a blanket? Snacks? Anything?" I ask.

Her fingers go to her chin putting her in a deep-thinking face, "What type of snacks do you have?" she asks. Telling her most of the snacks from the kitchen— I have she manages to choose the most basic one ever. Lucy had filled my cabinets with American snacks, food, candies, etc., she told me that I need to blend it. Surprisingly none of these snacks have caught my attention, only pastries, and my favorite chips, Lays. Noah and her usually stock them occasionally, I hardly go to the groceries. The day when I encountered Larissa at the grocery ironically was the first time I went to the store. Lucy sent me since she was busy with some business at the company. Walking back into the living room throwing the snacks, "Thank you," I sat next to her, opening the bag of Mars Maltesers I got for myself, "What on earth is that?" she points to the bag giggling.

Music to my ears, "You've never heard of Maltesers?" my brows arch.

"Obviously not. Why do you think I asked you?" she asks.

"These darlings," throwing some into my mouth, "are the best chocolates to mankind."

Her face wrinkled in disgust, "No KitKats are the best," she opens the bag of skittles, "Are we watching the movie?" She faces the television. Nodding, I press play on the movie onto the chick flick. I watch Gossip Girl whenever I'm alone.