Chapter 11 | School

Groaning as I walk to the dining hall hoping to see a familiar to ignore the scene of eating alone, I make my way to the various shops they offer to students

Groaning as I walk to the dining hall hoping to see a familiar to ignore the scene of eating alone, I make my way to the various shops they offer to students. Skipping breakfast was a result of rushing in the morning. Ordering a tuna melt alongside a Caesar salad hoping it will fill me up. Searching for an empty table I noticed people looking at me, anxiety running through my body.

Walking to the empty table near the window, the view was showing the building from the second floor of the building. Eating while listening to music through my earphones viewing the sky through the window, I feel relaxed.

My mind was able to feel relaxed just listening to music. Feeling the rhythm of the beats, listening to the choice of words. Rethinking about these past few days I wonder will I forgive myself for the mistakes I did? Or will I ever forgive him? Mother's words didn't leave my brain, they were constantly replaying. Being included in the paintings from last night, my dream, and somewhat in lecture.

A shadow figure hovers over the table tapping my shoulder, "Hello," the guy from earlier stood in front of me.

"Hi," I greeted him back.

He points to the empty seat in front of me, "Is this seat taken?" he asks. Shaking my head he sits down, "I'm sorry about bumping into you earlier. I was in a rush," he says.

"Oh no it's fine. I understand," a small laugh leaves my lips.

"Garrett," he says, "I'm Garrett Russell," he introduces himself.

"Larissa."

A smile appears on his face, "Such a pretty name for a pretty woman," a nervous smile forms on my face. "I take it your new here?" he asks. Anxiety runs through, was it that obvious? Embarrassment is something that has happened to me living here in Boston. "That shade of red on your cheeks says 'yes'. Mind if I give you a tour of campus?" he says. Before I could decline his offer, a voice beat me to it.

"Beat it, Garrett. She already has a tour guide," Tristan's voice brings joy to my ears.

"Tristan, always beating me. Let me guess the redhead wasn't giving you anymore satisfaction. We can take turns on the newbie," his cocky smile widens.

Tristan's hand becomes a tight fist before he can raise it. I stand up, "We have to get to class," placing a hand on Tristan's chest. My eyes speak for myself. A deep sigh comes from him before he walks away. Garrett taps me before walking away.

"When you're done with him, you'll know where to find me," shock is written in my face. Sometimes men should shut their mouths. I walk towards Tristan who made it past the door.

He faces me, "Thanks for stopping me," he says. I smile while nodding at him, "Alice told me you'd be at school today for half of the day. How's the first day going?" he asks.

"Honestly, it's been easy. I'm waiting for the more difficult parts, only one more class and then hospital," I said. We walked towards the exit, "You had school today?" I asked. I remember he had a long night. Why is he awake?