Chapter 45 | Royalty Status

Five Months Later

Five Months Later

Everything was in position.

The cold feeling sent shivers to my body. I hold Matthew's hands as Dr. Clay spreads the gel over my belly for the ultrasound. I was about five months pregnant, and we were in for our monthly check up. Our eyes were glued to the screen as Dr. Clay moved the convex array around my belly which showed the ultrasound of the baby.

"Your baby girl is healthy and perfectly fine," she tells us. When we found out the gender of the baby, I was excited. I had only brothers and when I knew I was going to have a daughter I was more than excited. Matthew was ecstatic because Christian's daughter would have a cousin to play with.

Rosalie gave birth to her daughter, Adrienne Maxwell a month ago and she was the cutest baby I ever seen. Hopefully my daughter is beautiful like her cousin, the Maxwells had the best genes or maybe the wives had them.

Matthew talks to Dr. Clay, "Since Lara is almost in her six months, are there any precautions we should know about? I've read everything in books but still want to be sure I'm not missing anything." He was cute being anxious about the third trimester.

Dr. Clay cleans my belly, "There's nothing you should worry about. The only thing you should be cautious about is keeping Larissa sane and not causing her stress."

Before he could ask another question, I interrupted them, "Thank you Dr. Clay." She got the hint and bid us a goodbye. "Matthew, I've told you multiple times that you're doing amazing and nothing bad will happen." I got off the bed with his help as now with a belly everything was a bit difficult to do. I couldn't even bend down to put on shoes anymore and my belly wasn't as big as Alice.

"I know but I don't want something like what happened to Alice a couple of weeks ago," he says with a sad tone in his voice. Everyone was scared for her after we heard she was involved in a car accident but luckily nothing too lethal occurred to her and the baby. After the incident Alice had decided to take her leave from the hospital a bit too early because she was in shock. She was afraid she lost the baby and would lose Tristan as well, but now they both are more careful than ever.

Tristan had Alice stay with us for a couple of times when he had done 12-hours shifts and Matthew was a bit of a mess when it came to two pregnant women. Morgan was a big help and slept over the days where all three of us stayed together. She's been a good asset to us because without her I don't think the guys would survive us. Matthew and Tristian were barely able to but when Logan was alone with us, he was the one crying towards the end.

Walking out the room, Matthew was hand in hand with me as we walked to the parking lot. A few nurses had stopped and talked to us to check on how the baby was doing. I got the week off and I've been spending most of my time in bed or on the couch. I was glued to bed sleeping or on the couch watching endless reruns of Gossip Girl. It was the only thing keeping sane from crying over the littlest things Matthew has done.