Chapter 44 | Darling, Would You?

"I'm still trying to grasp this idea that you're fucking royalty," Liam says earning a smack on his head from his mum

Clara snickers at the words of choice from her son, "Language, Liam. We're guests in Matthew's place, don't disrespect him," she tells him. Liam rolls his eyes at his mother's words, "So Matthew, I hope you didn't destroy my daughter's heart when she found out. She tends to not do well with secrets."

Lara squeezes my hand under the table, "I don't think so although she didn't speak to me for a while. It felt like eternity without her," I tell her. I was afraid if they truly knew the pain I had caused their daughter. It pained me to see her suffer like that, imagine if her parents knew. I wouldn't be sitting in here alive. My mum was sitting across from Lara's parents sending me glares that lying isn't the best.

Before I could speak another word, my brother opened his mouth. And for the first time I was glad he did, "Liam, I heard that you're studying International Finances," Christian tells him. Liam shifts his gaze to him, "If you ever decide to visit London you should let me know and I can introduce you to some people in the business."

"Close your mouth before you catch a fly," Damian says, earning a laugh from everyone.

"How could I after what Christian said. I will be heading to London next weekend," Liam states. Lara shakes her head laughing at her brother's reaction, she was glowing. I adore seeing her all joyful around her friends, but the ones who bring the best out of her is her family. They are her happiness and I was going to start one with her, hopefully being part of the endless joy to her world.

As we all eat dinner and our families bond together over their liking in surfing, which was news to Christian and I about mum. No one knew she was a big surfer, nor specially hitting the waves in Australia. Maybe there's more towards mum than a crown from which father had depicted her to be. It hurts knowing that your father isn't here to know about another grandchild in the family, but Christian and mum was simply enough. They were the ones who showed me the pathway to love and led me to my darling, Larissa.

After dinner we all helped with tidying the dining table. Jax, Lara's little brother, was sitting on the couch watching a movie she had put on for him. Liam was making conversation to Christian about his studying which surprised Clara and David knowing how interested their son was in his studies. If anything from what Lara has told me is that Liam was the one who never showed interest in his future. They all thought he would wind up owning his parents' shop but apparently he wants to expand it overseas.

Damian and Lara were talking as they were on dish duty, my lips tug at the sight of them. They were the two out of the four Danvers that had suffered the most and deserved the best. Gathering all the silver and handing them to Damian, there was a tap on my shoulder.

"Care to explain to all of us, why did you invite us?" My mum says.

"Technically we invited them," I point to my future in-laws, "You decided on coming here on your oww." She stood quiet cause she knew I was right, my mother was here at the right moment without an invitation whatsoever. "Don't worry though, I promised you news and it shall be delivered soon."