•Don't Fear The Reaper•

🔮Crystal🔮

I open my eyes and look around in confusion. I'm standing in the forest with trees surrounding me, my keen ears pick up on the sound of the waterfall. This isn't just any forest, but the Forbidden Forest. "Hello, my little one." I turn and feel my tense shoulders relax when I see my mother across from me.

"Mom!" I race over and she opens her arms, allowing me to embrace her. "Oh, my beautiful girl." She strokes my hair and holds me tight. "Your mind is restless and your heart is troubled." I step back and look up into her loving gaze. "Yes, I need help."

She stares down at me sadly and cups my left cheek in her palm. "My sweet girl. You shouldn't have to bear this burden, but it would not have been given to you if you weren't strong enough to handle it." I bring my hand up and curl my fingers around her wrist, leaning into her touch.

She strokes my skin with her thumb before pulling away, taking my hand in hers. "But it doesn't feel right. There has to be another way." She shakes her head and squeezes my hand gently. "If there were another way I would tell you, you know that."

"I know that the Reapers are monsters and they need to be stopped, but... taking their lives..."

"It is wise to not seek death and destruction. Taking a life should never be an easy choice or to be taken lightly. I wish you did not have to do this. That there was another way to defeat the Reapers, but life is not always black and white." My heart races with fear and anxiety. I've heard that before.

"There are no easy choices, but if you do not stop them these hunters will wipe out all the supernatural creatures in Seabrook and they will not stop there." I sigh and wish that her words offered me comfort, but I still have knots in my stomach. "I know. I just don't like this. I hate feeling like we're no better than they are."

"You did not ask for this war, but it is here nonetheless. I have faith in you and your friends. They have brought this upon themselves. You are an amazing Alpha and nothing will ever change that. Because all the choices you make will be to protect your pack." She smiles down at me and I give a small smile back.

"It is in our nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But when it comes to protecting the people we love we are the most powerful and relentless creatures they will ever know. They will regret picking this fight. Now, go and save Caleb's clan."

"Thank you. For everything you've done for me." She wraps her arms around me and cradles the back of my head with her hand. "You are the greatest gift I ever received and I'm so proud of you. I love you so much." I tighten my embrace and close my eyes. "I love you, too, Mom."

I open my eyes and push myself upright into a sitting position. I rub the tears from my eyes and feel the subtle pulse coming from my moonstone. I bring my fingers up and brush them over the stone's smooth surface. Thanks, Mom. I still don't agree with the plan of wiping out the hunters, but I'm aware that this group is just a small squad.

There are multiple groups stationed throughout the world. If we let even one escape or send a message then the other werecats are good as dead. And an even bigger group will come to Seabrook. I can't let that happen. I'm the Alpha and my pack is trusting me to protect them. I can't fail.

And now that Leah and her pack are here I know we'll win. Those hunters won't even know what hit them. We can do this. We just need to catch them by surprise and it'll all be over in a matter of minutes. At least, I hope so. I sigh and wrap my arms around my knees, resting my chin on top of them.

That sick feeling returns and I try my hardest to ignore it. There's no other way. I have to put my pack, my family, first. I can't let my conscience put them in danger. I turn and see my phone perfectly in the darkness so I reach over, pressing down on the home button.