•For Now This Is Goodbye•

🐾Wyatt🐾

We enter the caves that house our pack. I watch with pride as the younger wolves play fight and race around tackling each other. "Wyatt, Wynter, where have you guys been?" We look up as Willa rushes over to us. Her short curly hair as poofy as ever.

"Sorry, Willa we were just...." Wynter trails off thinking of something to say. "We were down by the waterfall," I finish for her and she sighs, I notice Willa's nose twitch, but she doesn't say anything about it. "Okay, well come on. One of the Elders is about to start telling a story." Wynter and I follow her to where one of the Elders is sitting.

We gather around and sit down. The Elder begins the story of how Seabrook settlers came here, attacked our pack and stole our moonstone. I was already starting to feel bored, I've heard this story a million times. And then the Elder said something that got my attention. "Now you pups are old enough to know. One day we will find our destined leader, the Great Alpha, and she will lead us to the moonstone."

The Elder turned and grab what looked like a crystal, almost like those geodes. He held it up and blue light shot from it casting an image on our hung up moon. It was a shadowed figure with silver hair, howling to the moon.

"Um, Elder, what happens if we find the Great Alpha?" One of the younger pups asks. "Well, she will be given a fully charged moonstone necklace that will make her apart of our pack forever." The Elder opens one of the cases and reveals one of the most beautiful necklaces we possess.

The metal casing is formed to look like an eye, with the circular moonstone in the middle. The whole group of pups awes. "Beautiful isn't it." The pups nod and the Elder closes the case.

The Elder dismisses us and we go in different directions. I play with Wynter and Willa for the rest of the day. Eventually, the sun goes down and we're ushered to bed. I curl up in my fur blanket and rest my head, thinking about Crystal as I fall asleep.

×ו××

I sneak out of the cave and make my way to the edge of the forest. I find the tree where I first saw Crystal hiding in. I drop down and rest my back against the trunk. The breeze picks up and carries her scent to me both old and new. I lift my head up as she enters the clearing.

A smile immediately appears on my face. "Awoo, Crystal!" I call and jump to my feet. She sees me and smiles as well. "Hey, Wyatt." She wraps her arms around me and for a second I forget how to hug back. Eventually, I return the embrace, her scent filling my head with smells I've never smelled before.

"Glad you came back," I say as we pull away from each other. "Me too. So, what do you like to do for fun?" I smile and take her back to the waterfall. "Ever heard of skipping rocks?"

"No, what is it?" I stare at her in shock. "You've never skipped rocks before?" She shakes her head and I grab a couple of smooth rounded stones. I hold one out to her and she takes it. "Okay, now you pull your arm back like this," I say demonstrating with the motion of my arm. "Then you throw it and see how much you can get it to skip across the surface of the water."

She nods and pulls her arm back and tosses the rock, it skips three times before sinking below the surface. "I did it." I smile and skip a rock too. It skips four times before sinking. "Wyatt, if we don't see each other for a while we'll still be friends right?" I let my arm fall back down to my side and turn to look at her.