•Something Is Changing•

🐾Wyatt🐾

I open my eyes and sit up in bed, rubbing the sleep from them. I look down only to not see Crystal, I turn to gaze through the entrance and see her. I get out of bed and leave my den, walking over to Crystal. "Hey, you okay?" I ask her and she turns to look at me.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I had a weird dream last night."

"Really what about?"

"Um, nothing much. It was this kid I've never seen before and he was running from someone."

"That sounds really weird but I'm sure it was nothing. Are you ready for today? I know it's early." She rubs at her eyes and nods her head. "Yeah, I'm-I'm ready." I nod and together we head out into the forest. The sun is out, but it's still slightly cool. We stop a few miles away from the den and I ask her what she hears. She closes her eyes and concentrates.

"I...I hear a bluejay building its nest," she begins and I smile slightly. "The water moving through streams, tree branches creaking, and your...your heart." She opens her eyes and looks up at me. "Hmm. Well, time for a side lesson. This might come in handy someday. When you think someone might be lying, listen to their heartbeat."

"What? Why?"

"Because when people lie there's a physical reaction. Their heart may skip a beat or it won't sound so steady. That's how you know."

"You're serious?"

"Don't believe me? Fine, come here." I grab her hand and pull her closer to me. "Okay, now listen to my heartbeat." She nods and gets a focused look on her face. "Do you hear it?" She nods her head after a few minutes.

"Okay, now ask me something and see if I'm telling the truth."

"Okay." She stays silent for a moment trying to think up some questions. When she realizes what she wants to ask she looks up at me. "All those years that we were apart did...did you think about me?" I feel like my heart beats faster as I'm surprised by her question.

"Every day, Crystal," I say my tone dead serious. "Good, because I thought a lot about you too."

"Did you now?" I ask playfully and she smiles up at me. "Yeah." We share a chuckle before going farther into the forest. I lead her up into the mountains and show her to her next trial. "Um, Wyatt what're we doing up here?"

"We're going to test your agility." She looks at the large gap separating us from the other side. "How?"

"Do you trust me?" I ask her and she looks up at me as the cold mountain wind picks up, blowing her platinum hair into her face. She grabs the strands and pulls them behind her ear. "Of course, but-" I cut her off with a wave of my hand and then start taking steps back.

"Wyatt?" I tap into the power of my moonstone, causing it to glow along with my eyes. "Wyatt, what're you doing?" I smile at her before taking off at a run. "Wyatt!!!!" I jump the gap and land on the other side. I stand up and dust the dirt off my jeans.

"Still alive!" I call to her and she stares at me like I'm crazy. I notice her messing with the zipper of my jacket as a nervous habit. "It's okay, come on!"

"What? I can't jump that!" She calls back and I give her a serious look. "Yes, you can Crystal. All you got to do is calm down, clear your mind and focus."

"Clear my mind? Are you insane?!"

"Come on, Crystal. You're more powerful than you realize. All you got to do is tap into it. Just trust yourself!" I call to her and she looks around in exasperation. She zips up my jacket and shakes out her body. "You can do this!"