•You Have No Right•

🔮Crystal🔮

I'm laying in my bed when my aunt knocks on my doorframe. I open one of my eyes and see her with a hand on her hip. "Crystal, get up! You know Lukas is coming down for a visit."

"And I told you that I want nothing to do with him!"

"Come on, Crystal. He's coming all the way from Wisconsin."

"He should have been down here months ago. You know when she died!" I open my other eye and sit up, tossing the blanket off me. "Crystal, you know his “work” kept him from attending your mother's funeral."

"I don't care! He should have been here," I say going over to my closet and pulling out a black camisole because it's supposed to be hot today, jeans shorts, and throw them onto my bed. Lukas is an old friend of my mom's, practically family, except I've never thought of him like that because he went traipsing around the world for his job and left her behind without so much as a goodbye.

I go over to my dresser and pull out the new underwear I bought, pulling it on after taking off my night clothes. "Crystal, try to be reasonable—"

"Reasonable?! I hate that man's guts and nothing you or he can say or do will make me feel any differently. I'm not staying here and I won't come back till he's gone."

"Crystal." I ignore her and pull on the shirt, shorts, and then my sandals. "Call me when the bastard's gone." I grab my phone and slip it into my pocket before leaving my house. It's been weeks now since Wyatt decided we needed a break and it's been quiet since. No werecat attacks or anything like that.

I stop by a florists and buy a small bouquet of flowers. I give her the money and leave, walking through Seabrook until I find the cemetery. I maneuver through the headstones until I find the one I'm looking for. The one with my mother's name on it. 

"Hi, Mom," I say kneeling down and sliding the flowers into the holder. "I-I know I haven't been here in awhile and I'm sorry for that. I just haven't had the courage but I'm here now." The breeze picks up and I fiddle with my moonstone necklace. "Things haven't been great lately, Mom and I really wish you were here so I could ask for your advice."

I lean forward, brushing some leaves off the tombstone and pressing my forehead into the granite. "I miss you, Mom."

"Crystal." I pull away and turn around to see Wyatt walking up to me with flowers from the forbidden forest. He kneels down beside me and places the flowers next to mine. "My aunt called you didn't she?"

"Yeah. She's worried about you."

"I'm just angry is all. An old friend of my Mom's is coming down to visit and I want nothing to do with him."

"Why?"

"It's complicated." I hear him chuckle and I look over at him. "Most things in life are."

"Why'd you come? I thought you didn't want to see me?"

"I never said that. And if I gave you that impression I'm sorry. I was just hurt and angry. And for the reason I came I just wanted to make sure you were alright." He turns his head and his eyes meet mine. "We were friends long before we were a couple right?"

I smile lightly and nod. "Yeah. I'd be happy even if we just stayed friends."

"Now I know you're lying," he says in a slightly playful manner and I chuckle. "No, I'm serious. If you decide we should stay friends then I'll respect it. Cause you mean so much to me that I'd rather keep you as a friend then lose you as a boyfriend."

He wraps his arm around me and pulls me against him. "Stop being dramatic. You're the only girl in this world for me." I listen to the steady beat of his heart and no doubt he could hear mine speed up as I blush. "Crystal, can I ask you a question?"