•Strength Of The Pack Is The Wolf•

🔮Crystal🔮

I smile up at Wyatt and tuck strands of hair behind my ear. Suddenly the floor shakes and a cracking sound fills the air. The gym floor starts to split in two and Wyatt pulls me to the side as the ground opens up. The students scream in fear and scramble away from the widening crack.

When it stops I notice a blue glow coming from farther in. "The energy from the moonstone must've created a fault line."

"What?"

"If we follow this crack, it may lead us to the moonstone," Zed says and I nod. "So it's only buried and not destroyed."

"We have to get to it."

"Quickly, while we still can." I rush forward and jump down, Wyatt follows behind me. "It's this way. I see the light," I call as we advance farther underground. "It's coming from Seabrook Power." We round the corner and I spot the giant stone, beaming brightly.

"Here it is!" We all rush forward and gather around the stone. The wolves take off their necklaces and press them to the surface of the stone. They glow brightly and when they close their hands around them their eyes glow brightly. Looks like their necklaces are recharged.

"We have to move it out of here."

"Legend says that together, our pack can move the stone," Wyatt says and Willa puts her necklace back on. "All of us, lift!" I grab on to the metal surrounding it and we all attempt to lift it but the strain is too much and we're forced to set it back down.

"It's too heavy," Wynter says and I nod. "There's not enough of us."

"Then maybe you need to expand your pack."

"Addison?" I ask as she steps in with zombies and humans behind her. "We came here to help. Come on, everyone. We got this!" I smile as they surround us and grab on. "Hurry, before it's too late! Together lift!" We pull with everything we've got and slowly raise it off the ground.

But that's when the chamber collapses and blocks our only way out. "It collapsed. We can't carry the moonstone through." Eliza turns to Zed and gestures to his wrist. "Your Z-band, it's still broken. Zed, take it off. Lift the slab." He looks down at his wrist and shakes his head.

"Okay, Zed, you can do this."

"I'm not ready. What if I can't control it?"

"Zed, you have to," Addison says and he looks at her. He sighs before taking off his Z-band. He changes and dark veins appear under his skin. He turns and grabs the slab lifting it up and opening the chamber back up. We grab the moonstone and carry it out. Suddenly there's a thud and we turn around to see the slab was down.

"Zed! Zed!" I put my hand on Addie's shoulder after we set the stone down. Then we hear a beep and Zed walks out, putting his Z-band back on. "Zed!" Addie rushes over to him and he smiles down at her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm me."

"We crushed it! We nailed it! We so rock! Yes!" I smile at Wynter and she gets an embarrassed look. "Too much?" Willa smiles brightly. "Perfect."

"We did it." Eliza steps forward holding up an iPad. "Say “brains.”"

"Brains!" She snaps the picture and smiles. "We're getting our first zombie on the Prawn wall of fame." The wolves and I howl loudly and it makes me smile. Bonzo joins in and Wyatt looks at him. "Hey, you said that perfectly."

"Bonzo's got an ear for languages." We laugh and take the moonstone back to the gym, setting it aside. Wyatt walks over to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders, pressing a kiss to my temple.