•Broken And Angry•

🏹Alec🏹

"Alexander! Come on! Wake up!" I feel someone shaking me and I groan in pain as the wound in my shoulder throbs painfully. I open my eyes, vision bleary with sleep, and I bring my hand up to rub at my eyes.

I open them again and see Lukas crouched in front of me. "Lukas?" He sighs in relief and drags me to my feet, ignoring my protests. My head lulls slightly as I'm still half asleep. "Hey, come on! Alexander, I need you to stay with me and answer a few questions," he says as he grabs my face and turns it towards him.

"Hmm. What?"

"Did Caleb do this to you?" I make a confused noise as I try to force my brain to wake up and process normally. He grabs my shoulder and I cry out as the pain flares up. "God!"

"Did he do this to you?!" The sudden pain caused my mind to clear if only slightly. I look at him and see the guarded look in his eyes. "He— he didn't mean it. It was an accident."

"When did this happen? Was it recent?" I shake my head and run my fingers through my hair. "Uh, no, no. This happened last night."

"Alec, listen to me you need to find him! Only he can tell you the severity of this. All I have is speculation."

"Severity of what? It's a bite. I'll be fine." He sighs and shakes his head.

"Alec, Caleb has been through something worse than any of us could ever imagine. His entire family, his reason for living has been taken from him. His sole purpose for existing these last few years was to protect his Clan and in his mind he's failed. And now he's attacked you. You need to find him. He needs you. Even if he tries to push you away you can't let him or he won't survive this."

"You think I don't know that! But how am I supposed to convince him of anything? If you hadn't noticed he's more stubborn than Willa!"

"Because you're his mate. And that means something to him. Now get that wound cleaned and bandaged. Find him, Alec. Before the Reapers do." I nod and he disappears around the corner. I groan and look down at my shoulder, seeing the tears from his fangs and the large blood stain.

I gather the items I need and enter my room. I'm glad it wasn't any of the others that found me. I grab my shirt and pull it off discarding it. I look at the deep puncture wounds and sigh. Another scar to add to the collection.

"At least the bleeding stopped," I tell myself before grabbing the peroxide and a cloth. I dump some of the chemical onto the material and press it into my wound, gritting my teeth against the pain. "Clinically and nonemotionally," I whisper as I breathe deeply, though when it comes to Caleb it's hard to keep a level head.

I pull the cloth away and then deal with the wounds on the back of my shoulder. Then I slap a bandage on, grab a fresh shirt and a warm jacket. I pull on my leather jacket then grab the other one. I doubt Caleb thought to grab some clothes before rushing out of here. I must have fallen asleep while waiting for him to come out.

And he must've waited until I dozed off to escape. I head down the stairs, but I'm stopped by Crystal's voice. "Alec, where are you going?" I turn and see her with her hair in a bun, knitted sweater, jeans, and is currently sweeping up the window shards that our lovely friends created when trying to shoot us all.

"Crap. I totally spaced. I promised I'd help with the clean up! I'm sorry, Crystal."

"No, it's perfectly alright. Alec, are you okay?"

"Crystal…"

"It's just that you—"

"Crystal!" She closes her mouth at the emotion in my voice. "Please, I can't… not right now," I tell her and try to ignore the waver in my voice. "I understand. You'll tell me if and when you're ready."