•What Are You?•

🔮Crystal🔮

I stare at Caleb's eyes as I breathe in through my nose, something about them smells different, unique. "Excuse me, Caleb, but um what are you? Your brother recognized what I was almost immediately and knows about the prophecy. Care to share?"

He smiles and crosses his arms, laughing lightly. "You really want to know, little wolf?"

"Caleb, you're not really going to tell her?! She's the Great Alpha!"

"Quiet, Connor. She helped me...us, the least I can do is answer her question." Connor lets out a quiet growl and walks a few feet away. Caleb steps closer to me and I look up into his eyes. "I'm not sure if you've brushed up on your supernatural lore or not but have you heard of werecats?"

"Werecats?"

"Well, we prefer the term werepanthers but meh." I cross my arms and arch my eyebrow. Caleb smirks slightly and leans in even closer. "Don't believe me?" Before I could answer he lets out a quiet growl and his eyes glow a beautiful orange tinged with gold around the iris. The growl surprised me and I flinched.

"Caleb?!! Oh my god, the boulder's gone?!" His eyes dim as I look toward the entrance to the cave and see another person. This time a girl with long black hair, wearing a ripped tee, jeans, and shoes. In fact now that I notice it I realized that all of their clothes look worn. "Catrina, meet our rescuer, the Great Alpha."

"Um, Crystal." She stares at me and I feel uncomfortable. "Okay, Caleb they're waiting for you, should I tell them the good news?"

"No, I'll tell 'em. Don't need 'em rushing out before we're ready. And I need to have a chat with Crystal."

"Alright. Connor lets go." Connor stares at Caleb for a moment and he turns to his little brother. "Go, I'll be alright." He nods and follows Catrina back into the cave. "Why do I have a feeling that you weren't trapped in a cave in?"

"Maybe because I was it just happened long before I was even born. Give or take a century."

"Century? And you've been down there all that time?"

"Yeah, my clan has been trapped underground. I'm the leader, surprise surprise and you want to know who trapped us down there in the first place?" I sensed that it was a rhetorical question and continued to look into his eyes. For the first time since I've started talking to him anger leaked into his eyes. "It's your pack of werewolves that are responsible."

"No, I don't believe it." Don't I? I mean if what Wyatt told me about them is true then they would have kidnapped me and kept me in isolation so they didn't lose me. He laughs dryly and narrows his eyes causing them to glow in his anger. "Then you're either blind or just stupid. Which one is it, little wolf?"

I allow my eyes to glow and a growl to rise in my throat as I push him away from me and out of my face. It wasn't enough to be threatening but enough to be a warning. He smirks and his eyes dim. "Looky looky, the pretty she-wolf can bite." My eyes dim too and I fiddle with the metal casing of my necklace.

"Don't get your fur in a bundle I was just testing you."

"Testing me for what?"

"I was just curious about what kind of leader you are."

"Oh, and what's your verdict?" I ask slightly playfully, I have a feeling that if he wanted to hurt me, he would have done so already. "That you're strong and not to be taken lightly or messed with." I shake my head and get back on track.

I ignore the slowly setting sun and look back at him. "Why'd your kind get trapped all that long ago?"

"I'm not going to lie my people were cocky way back when. Still kind of are but when we made our way to Seabrook we clashed with the Wolves right away. They hadn't fully settled their territory yet. So, we had a little...dispute."