•Instincts Taking Over•

🔮Crystal🔮

I watch with slight horror as Cade and Wyatt collide, rolling along the ground, striking and slashing at each other with their claws. "Wyatt! Cade! Stop!!" Ally shouts angrily, glaring down at them.

As much as I'd like to see Cade get beat up I still don't think violence is the answer. We've already been through enough we don't need this too. Alec seems to care less about the fighting as he stares down at the unconscious panther on the ground. I flinch as a gunshot sounds ringing through the air.

I look and see my Dad, his gun raised high up in the air. The two supernatural creatures stop there fighting, but continue to glare at each other. "For crying out loud knock it off! Haven't we all been through enough without you two ripping each other apart?! Don't do the Reapers work for them!"

Cade and Wyatt stare at each other, eyes glowing, before shoving away from each other. "This isn't over," Wyatt growls and Cade wipes the blood off his face. "I'm not going anywhere," he hisses and Ally rolls her eyes. "Boys," she mutters before stepping forward.

"Look, I know who Cade is and I'm sorry for not saying anything, but he's the only reason I was able to get Caleb out of his cage." We all freeze when we hear growling. Everyone looks down at the panther as he shakes his head as if he was disoriented. His eyes open and they're glowing as he looks around.

"Caleb?" His lip curls revealing large sharp teeth and he growls. Wyatt steps in front of me and growls warningly at Caleb. The panther starts to back up slowly continuing to growl. His eyes move to my dad and he hisses in his direction.

I see my Dad's hand inching towards his holster where he had returned his gun after firing it. Caleb turns in a circle and when he spots Ally it seems the panther recognized her when he didn't recognize us. Caleb yowls lowly and crouches down getting ready to spring forward only for Cade to step in front of Ally and roar in his former leader's direction.

Caleb hisses in his direction and stalks forward slowly. My eyes widen when my Dad pulls out his gun and aims it in Caleb's direction. "Dad!"

"Don't!" Wyatt exclaims but he doesn't lower the gun. "I've been hunting for a long time. I've killed a lot of werewolves, I can easily add a werecat to the list."

"But it's Caleb, Dad, you can't. You've met him, you know the type of person he is. Do you really want to take someone like him form this world?!"

"Put it down, Lukas," I hear Alec say and turn to see him with an arrow drawn, aiming directly at my father. "Think you can unleash that arrow faster than I can pull the trigger, son?"

"No, but you put Caleb down and I'll put you down."

"Alec," I say and he doesn't look at me. The panther had turned around and is staring directly up at my father, growling lowly. He eventually sighs and lowers his gun to his side. Alec does the same with his bow, dropping it to the ground and slipping off his quiver.

I stare at him wondering what he's doing until he takes a step toward the still growling panther. "Caleb," Alec says crouching down as we stare at him like he's crazy. The cat turns to look at him hisses softly and they stare into each other's eyes.

"C'mon, Pantera, I know you're still in there. And I know you've been through hell this past month, but we'd really like you back. I'd love it if you came back." The glow in his eyes finally dies and so does his noises. I watch with relief as his pelt slowly disappears and his stature changes back to human.

We all gasp when we see the wounds littering his body. They were practically black, so severe that they'll take days to actually begin healing. Tears fill Alec's eyes when he takes in all his bruises and open wounds. "Oh, God," he says softly and stares into Caleb's face a strange emotion in the panther's eyes.