•Being Who You're Meant To Be•

🐾Wyatt🐾

I watch Crystal walk away, feeling like it went well enough. Even if that zombie did kick up some dust. "If they destroy that building, it'll crush the moonstone underneath. We can't let that happen."

"Crystal can help."

"Maybe once she's one of us. But until then, I lead this pack. We need to stop them from destroying the moonstone. Whatever it takes." I sigh and nod my head. We return to the den and begin to formulate a plan. But we didn't get very far, it was late into the night and we were all tired.

I go to check on Wade who was thrown by Zed. He's lying down on his bed, Waverly, his girlfriend, is tending to him. "How's he doing?" I ask, leaning against the entrance. "He is fine. Stop fussing, already Wave," he says and I smile. "Yeah, he's fine." Waverly laughs lightly and sighs in relief.

"I'm glad, you had me worried."

"I'm okay, really." Waverly wraps her arms around him, hugging him tightly. I smile in amusement and leave them be. Wade was slammed pretty hard by that zombie. I wrinkle my nose in disgust at his disrespect to my packmates.

I'm walking to my den when my ears pick up on something. I turn and see my sister in her den, looking up at the moon and muttering to herself. I change my course and enter her den, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Willa, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Oh, no. That tough wolf act isn't going to pass with me. I'm your brother. You can tell me anything." She sighs and looks away from the moon, meeting my eyes. "What's gonna happen when one of those girls is the Great Alpha?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I won't be the alpha anymore. Just like that."

"Willa, come on. You've been our alpha even when you weren't. You have experience and your bossy. She'll be coming to you for counsel."

"Easy for you to say, you'll be the alpha male. The only reason you're with her is because of the prophecy." My eyes narrow at those words. I can understand that she's lashing out, but she's being cruel. Saying that my feelings aren't real just because of some stupid prophecy.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, come on, all-mighty alpha. You can speak freely now that Crystal's not here." My eyes glow and a growl rises in my throat. "Willa, stop!" She gets up and maneuvers to stand in front of me, her back to the entrance. "Or what? Gonna pick a flower for her. Alpha? Yeah right."

Another rare burst of anger fills me and I tackle her. The force of my body colliding with hers sent us flying out of the small cave. We roll on the ground and I hear wolves snarling as they realize what's happening. "Stop! This is between Alphas," Wynter exclaims and the growling stops.

Willa digs her claws into my arm and I snarl in anger, returning the favor by sinking my fangs into her shoulder, a coppery taste fills my mouth. Realizing I drew blood I knew I needed to end this quick. So, a few scratches and bites later I'm able to pin her down with one arm and press my claws to her throat with my free one.

I pull back and look her in the eye with a glare. "Enough, Willa! Stop acting like a child and deal with it!" Her eyes don't dim and I apply light pressure to my arm, causing small beads of blood to well up and drip down her throat. The light disappears from her necklace and then her eyes.