•Bad Moon Rising•

🐾Wyatt🐾

I stand at the entrance to my den, listening to the sound of the pouring rain outside. It's been four weeks, since the battle with the Reapers, and we've slowly moved some wolves back into the den. But I don't think it'll last. Since the pack spent, so much time in town a lot of the wolves have decided they like living there. So, some of the parents — most of them — have decided to move to the suburbs.

Including Willa and I's. I look around the den I've lived in all my life. Sure it's not a cozy little two story, and it gets pretty cold in the winter time, but we're werewolves. We're built to handle it, and it's home to me. I'm going to miss it. I've even had Willa come to me, and suggest we move the moonstone to the center of Zombie Town.

It's not a bad idea, but it just feels like this year has been one big, ever changing, roller coaster. I just want to take it easy for awhile, and take some time to adjust before anymore big changes happen. The one good thing about it though is that Mayor Wells has agreed to help us werewolves out with housing in anyway she could.

So there's a plus. I sigh softly and shake my head. The sound of the were-pups playing catches my attention. I turn to see them tussling with each other. They seem to be "reenacting" the battle between us and the Reapers. Poorly. Which is a good thing because they weren't there, and no one has gone into any detail about it with them.

First, because they're children. They've been frightened by this whole ordeal enough already. And two, Crystal would punish anyone who did talk to them about it. It may have been a victory, but to her that battle wasn't something to be celebrated. Speaking of, I turn to look through my den, spotting my Queen of the Night curled up under my fur blanket.

She's... she's been hit pretty hard by this whole thing. After it was over, she barely spoke. I could see it had really shaken her. That's why I lead her back home, and helped her clean off all the blood. Some of it was hers from when she'd gotten shot. I dug out the bullets, and the rest of it was from the hunters she took out.

I was lucky, Cade and Caleb took out the hunters keeping guard after the rest of them had rushed out when they heard the screams. All I had to do was set the explosive, then help them free the rest of Caleb's clan. I maybe took out three hunters before it was all over. I'm not sure how many Crystal got, and I'm not about to ask, but there was quite a lot of blood.

"Hey, brother," Willa calls to me. I turn to see her coming over. I give a small smile of greeting and nod, leaning against the cave wall near my den entrance. "How's she doing?" She nods in the sleeping platinum blonde's direction, brow furrowed in concern. Since becoming the Great Alpha, Crystal has done everything she possibly could to bond with her new pack.

From helping the Elders, gathering herbs for our healers (which there aren't many on account of our supernatural healing abilities), corralled and played with the pups, she even won over the parents. Everyone quickly came to love her and I can understand why. Crystal's heart is so big. She loves all of us. She's almost like the pack mom. Always makes sure everyone is alright before focusing on herself.

It's why before she would allow me to take her home to care for her, she went around the whole meadow to make sure everyone was accounted for. We lost four of our own while Leah lost six of hers. We all came together to bury the dead, and hold a vigil for them. "She's been very quiet lately," I murmur sadly as I turn back to my twin.

"And the nightmares? Have they eased up or what?"

"They seem to be tapering off, but she's sort of stopped keeping me updated about that. I've asked and she just sort of shrugs," I say, miming the action. I sigh and Willa moves to stand next to me, leaning her head against my shoulder in a way of offering comfort. I rest my head against hers to show I appreciate and accept it.