•Summer Celebration•

🔮Crystal🔮

My eyes keep being drawn to the clock as I desperately will it to be 3:00 and the end of school signals the start of Summer vacation. The history teacher keeps droning on as I hear each individual tick of the clock with my heightened hearing. I bite my lip in annoyance and fiddle with the fur on my shoulder.

I'm wearing a button-up navy blue camisole studded with fake fangs and fur, basically Daisy Duke short shorts, and sandal wedges. The thing about werewolves is that we run hot so, even though I don't look like I'm sweating to death I am. It's not as irritating as it sounds as long as I don't wear any heavy jackets or long sleeve shirts.

The staff was resistant to the way the werewolves dressed but once we explained the situation they backed off. And it only became a problem when the calendars changed to May and the temperature rose. The ringing of the bell jolts me out of my thoughts and I grab my bag and race out the door.

I fast walk down the hall and eventually meet up with my pack outside school. I race over to Addison and hug her in my glee. "Whoa, someone's happy about summertime."

"Only the no school part! The heat sucks though." Zed gives me a weird look and gestures to the breeze surrounding us, which felt pleasant to him but heavenly to me. "What're you talking about? It's not even hot." Addison gives Zed a reprimanding look.

"Zed, remember what I told you about werewolves."

"We run much hotter than you humans and zombies do," Wyatt says as he comes over to me and I can practically feel the waves of heat coming off him. He's wearing a white sleeveless shirt, grey shorts, and sneakers.

"So, you guys are uncomfortable?" Zed asks with concern and Willa shakes her head.

"It's hard to explain, but our skin may be hot to the touch but it's normal. It's like if you were just slightly warm only to us it's five times that. But we're built to handle it."

"Oh, okay. I'm still confused but I think I got it."

"I don't know if I'm handling it. Maybe it's cause I'm new to this."

"But weren't you born a werewolf?" Bree asks and Wynter shakes her head. "Doesn't mean she lived like us. She didn't require a high body temp. We lived in caves our entire lives which is why we needed it. At least that's what I think." Wynter starts rambling and Willa has to stop her.

"How about from now on we just say, “It's a wolf thing.” Okay, Wynter?" She nods her head and we chuckle. "How about we go back to the forest and swim? Help take our mind off the heat?" We look over at Wyatt and smile nodding. "Sure, sounds fun." We start to split off to retrieve our bathing suits, calling farewell to each other.

Wyatt wraps his arm around my shoulders and Willa wasn't kidding our skins are hot to the touch. "How are you feeling? Is it really getting worse?" I shake my head, seeing the concern in his eyes and not wanting to worry him. "No, I'm okay. I'm sure I'll get used to it." I force a smile and I know he knows it's forced.

"Alright, but you'll tell me if it doesn't, okay? I don't want you suffering." I give him an affectionate smile and lean forward, kissing his cheek. I pull away and wipe the lip gloss off his skin. "I love that you care, but I'll be fine. Don't be such a worry-wolf, Wyatt."

"You know I can't help it."

"Yes, I do and it's adorable." He rolls his eyes playfully and I hear Willa and Wynter's laughter from in front of us. "Oh, bite me, Willa," Wyatt counters and she turns around walking backward. "Isn't that your girlfriend's job, brother?" She asks playfully and suggestively. I can't help but blush a bright red.