Chapter 9

Jungkook shakily opened the letter. With tears still flowed down from his eyes, he read the letter silently.

Baby Jungkook,

When you read this letter, I'm sure that I'm no longer alive now. You may wonder why I committed suicide. The answer is pretty simple, kook. I don't want to burden you. You're just seventeen but you go to work, earn money like a middle aged man. It's not normal, and you shouldn't be earning money. I should be the one who gives you money. But sadly, hyung didn't have the strength to work. Please don't blame hyung for that.

And also, please don't be mad at hyung for committing suicide. Like I said, everyone dies, even if I didn't commit suicide, I'll die because of the cancer I'm having right now. You can't save me, Jungkook. Even the doctor can't save me, how can you save me? So please don't blame yourself on hyung's death too.

I'm a failure, I failed to live like a normal person. So hyung right now, request you, to live a normal life. Find someone you love, find someone who cared for you and think about your own future. Stop thinking about hyung's death and stop crying over my death. Promise hyung, to move on from hyung's death and live a happy and normal life.

Alive or not, hyung will always love you.

Sincerely, Junghyun.

Jungkook tugged his head down, hands lifelessly dropped down on his lap as he sobbed pitifully. He lets the tears fall freely from his doe eyes, "I-I promise you, hyung..." He whispered out, clutching the letter closed to his chest.

He puts the letter aside, getting down from the bed and rushed out of the room. His eyes lit up when he saw Taehyung leaning his whole body on the doorframe.

"Need anything?" Taehyung asked when he noticed the crying boy.

Jungkook sniffled, wiping his tears away. He nodded his head firmly, "I-I need a h-hug. Can you give me a hug? P-Please?"

Taehyung's lips curved up, forming a small smile. He opened his arms wide, "Free hugs are always open for you, kookie."

Jungkook laughed in tears, and Taehyung swear that it's the best melody he ever heard. The boy ran forward and hugged the older male tightly. The huge impact makes Taehyung almost stumbled backwards.

Taehyung let out a deep breath, patting Jungkook's back with his large hand. "Feeling better?"

Jungkook buried his head deep inside Taehyung's chest, nodding his head slowly, "Yes... T-Thank you..."

Jungkook's soft voice went muffled as he spoke against Taehyung's chest, making him sounds more adorable.

Taehyung just smiled, continuously patting Jungkook's back. They stayed in that position for a while, not for long, Jungkook is deep asleep.

The older male picked the sleeping baby up, carrying him back to the room. He gently placed the boy on the bed, staring at him lovingly.

"You're indeed a strong boy..." Taehyung muttered, removing some strands of hair from Jungkook's face.

He leaned down, debating whether he should... Well, he did. He placed a soft kiss on Jungkook's forehead, "Sleep well, my kookie."

--------------------------------------------------

"Say ahh~"

Heat rushed to Jungkook's face in embarrassment, "I-I can eat by myself. No need to feed me mister."

"Well I insist. Ahh~" Taehyung smiled widely when Jungkook opened his mouth. He shoved a spoonful of porridge inside his small mouth gently.

So damn cute!!! Taehyung squealed internally. He coughed awkwardly when Jungkook tilted his head, giving him confused gaze.

"What's your name, mister?" Jungkook asked, cheeks puffed out like a chipmunks.

"Kim Taehyung. But you can call me whatever you want."

Jungkook nodded his head, "You got a nice name, mister!" He smiled happily, bunny teeth displayed out.

Taehyung almost squealed again. He calm himself down. "Still calling me mister after knowing my name huh?"

Jungkook's eyes went widen as he covered his mouth with his small hands, "Sorry, it just came out of my mouth..."

Taehyung chuckled, "No need to be sorry. I told you you can call me whatever you want right?"

"Then I'll call you hyungie then! You can be my hyung!"

Taehyung's whole body freeze. Did I just get brother-zoned? He asked himself.

He sighed heavily, "Hyungie is a cute nickname."

"Right?" Jungkook clapped his hands excitedly, "Hyungie!"

Taehyung smiled, staring at the cute boy in silent. He shrugged, If Jungkook wants to call me his hyungie, I'm his hyungie then.

"So how do you feel right now?" Taehyung asked, panicked when he saw tears in Jungkook's eyes, "Wait wait! Don't cry first! Did I say anything wrong?"

Jungkook shook his head, "N-No you didn't, hyungie..." He quickly wiped his tears, "I'll live a new life, like how I promised my hyung!"

Taehyung let out a laugh, loving the positive vibe of the boy, "Good boy." He ruffled Jungkook's hair, stifled a small laugh when he saw Jungkook all flustered.

"T-Thank you, hyungie..." Jungkook shyly said.

" Jungkook shyly said