Chapter 24

"What are you doing, dad?!"

Mr Lee raised his head up, eyes widening in shock as he dropped the baseball bat.

His daughter is standing in the doorway. Of course he's not afraid of his daughter. The one he's afraid of is Kim Taehyung who stood beside his daughter, and bodyguards behind them.

Courtney gasped out, rushing towards Jungkook, "Jungkook? Can you hear me? Please respond me, Jungkook." She shook Jungkook's body softly, hissing when she saw large amount of blood oozing out of the big wound on Jungkook's head.

Rage filled Taehyung's heart when he saw Jungkook laying on the floor. His piercing gaze fixed on Mr Lee, "Courtney, please send Jungkook to the hospital first. My guards will go with you."

Courtney nodded her head. She watched the guard picked Jungkook up as she walked with them, stepping out of the room.

"H-How did you know I'm here?!" Mr Lee asked, trying to act strong.

"Your lovely daughter told me." Taehyung stated.

"Taehyung!"

Taehyung turned over when he heard someone called him. His eyebrows creased to a frown, "Courtney?"

"Did Jungkook find you?" The girl eagerly asked.

"No he didn't. I'm searching for him now." Taehyung said.

"Fuck, I think I know where he is. Call the police or anything you can. I'll take you to him." Courtney stared at the male in front of him, inhaling deeply, "And let's pray that my crazy dad didn't hurt Jungkook."

"What's with that face? Got betrayed by your own daughter! Isn't it a nice feeling?" Taehyung asked, lips curved up forming a smirk.

"You bastard!" Mr Lee yelled, pointing at Taehyung with his index finger.

Taehyung laughed, clenching his jaw, "I'll show you what a real bastard is."

--------------------------------------------------

"How is he, Courtney?!"

Courtney lifted her head up, gaze meet with Taehyung's cold one, "The doctor hasn't out yet." She replied shortly, gaze trails to the bloodstain on Taehyung's shirt.

"You killed him?" Courtney asked calmly, hands neatly placed on her lap.

"Yes I did." Taehyung said, sitting down on a chair, "You looked ease when I said I killed him?"

"I did feel ease. Thank you for killing him." Courtney calmly said, a smile decorated on her face.

Taehyung stared at the girl, didn't say anything. He leaned his head to the wall, "Why did you save Jungkook?"

"What do you mean?"

"I thought... You like me?" Taehyung asked, earning a small laugh from Courtney.

"I was, but not now." Courtney said, "Plus, who will hurt someone as innocent as Jungkook? Except my crazy father."

"Wow, that's good to hear." Taehyung shrugged, smiling slightly.

They stayed in silence, until Courtney speaks up, "Taehyung ah, I know it's a bit sudden but... Can I have Jungkook as my little brother?"

"Why?" Taehyung asked.

"I once had a little brother, but he died in cancer. And Jungkook, he is so cute and sweet. I wish to have him as my little brother. Please?" Courtney stared at the male with her pleading eyes.

"I'm sure Jungkook don't mind having another noona to baby him." Taehyung smiled, along with Courtney.

"Thank you, Taehyung."