Chapter 17

Nayeon wasn't expecting this. She looks at her hand that was intertwined with Jeongyeon's hand and she could hear her loud heart beating rather than the sound from the big speakers in this place.

She looked at Jeongyeon's back who was guiding her to somewhere excusing every person they walked to then she felt a heat that crepts in her cheeks. She's still shy to face the latter.

She remembered how she avoided the latter earlier in her company after she confessed her feelings towards her to Jihyo and how Jeongyeon looked so confused when she avoided her gaze and changed her direction.

'God must have played some tricks on me' Nayeon thought looking back at their intertwined hands then she frozed when Jeongyeon looked at her and she flashed a smile at her.

Nayeon could feel how her heart flipped at how Jeongyeon genuinely smiled at her and the butterflies in her stomach were flying crazily.

Please I'm going to fall hard

"Take a sit" Jeongyeon gestured her to take a sit so she immediately followed her then she can still feel their hands still interlaced to each other but Jeongyeon doesn't seem to notice it.

"Uhm" Nayeon said trying to take Jeongyeon's attention who was currently talking to the bartender then she averted her gaze to Nayeon with a question look in her face.

"Is there something wrong?" Jeongyeon asked worriedly then both of them looked at their hand that was attached to each other so Jeongyeon automatically let's go of her hand then she can see how Jeongyeon's face was turning red.

"I-I didn't notice that I was still holding your hand sorry" Nayeon giggled at Jeongyeon who was blabbering mess. Her attention was then caught by the bartender who was putting some drinks infront of them.

"What's this?" Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon who took the glass that was served to her then she immediately drinks it up.

"Tequila" Jeongyeon said after putting the glass back in the counter. Nayeon could only stare at her as memories flashes in her mind.

'My name is Jeongyeon'

"It feels like the first time I met you" Nayeon blurted what was in her mind out loud that it shocked her to see Jeongyeon chuckling at her. Oh god.

"I thought you forgot about it already" Nayeon quietly nodded while sipping the tequila from her glass. She could feel Jeongyeon glancing at her every second so she took all her courage then she looked at the latter and they were both staring at each other.

'Why is that a lovely lady is drinking alone in this place'

'May I accompany you?'

"CEO Im?"  Nayeon snapped out of her thought as she looked at Jeongyeon who was looking at her worry visible in her beautiful face. She cleared her throat then she sits properly in her chair.

"Sorry I spaced out" Nayeon softly said before looking away from Jeongyeon then she took the glass that was just refilled seconds ago.

"And I told you stop being too formal just call me Nayeon" Nayeon said before drinking up the tequila in one shot. She could feel how the liquid sends hotness to her body and she could feel her face heating up. She should stop drinking.

After that talk Nayeon and Jeongyeon didn't talk to each other again. They just let the bop music filled their ears along with a lot of chants from the other people inside the bar. The alcohol was starting to make them feel hot but no one dared to talk. They want to break the awkwardness that surrounds them but no one ever dared to make a move not until a guy approached Nayeon.