Not everyday you return from the dead.

"When I first met her I knew her fate was sealed. But once she risked and gave me the power of a dragons tear I saw it change. She will live Thorin son of Thrain. That I can promise" Wanda told him strictly as she made her way over towards the body. Dwalin helped a dazed Thorin to his feet as he held him on his feet. Wanda's black dress trailed behind her as she knelt down towards Artemis.

"No matter what happens you stay back!" She warned darkly as they had a shiver running down their spines.

"What will happen?" Bilbo squeaked.

"This level of magic must not be interrupted otherwise it will not work" She warned and that was enough to have all the dwarves take another step back and seal their lips tightly shut. The sky seemed to darkness as magic seeped out of Wanda's hands surrounding Artemis's body like a fog as it seemed to become a thin layer washing over her as Wanda's eyes turned a misty red before she pulled out the bottle and poured the single tear into Artemis's lips.

"Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin
Naal ok zin los vahriin
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal
Ahrk fin norok paal graan
Fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal"

Ancient words seeped out of her mouth leaving the company confused and unable to understand as they watched Artemis's body suddenly arch as several sounds of snaps cried throughout the evening as her broken body snapped back into place. Bilbo who was listening struggled to contain the contents of his stomach as a piercing cry escaped from Artemis's lips making Thorin wanting to run forward only to have Dwalin and the others holding him back.

***********

"Artemis" The voice was deep yet soft as Artemis turned to see her father standing in his human form dressed in robes of black and red. Glancing at her own attire she noticed she dressed in a simple red tunic and black pants as she felt like she was walking on air as she slowly made her way closer.

"My child, do not follow my darkness to greed." He warned as she looked at him confused.

"My path is finished. I don't understand" She questioned as he seemed to vanish like a ripple in water as she called out in shock as she stood back in the throne room of her kingdom. The throne seemed to have a soft white glow surrounding it with the past Kings and Queens standing behind smiling and waiting for her. Slowly making her way closer she felt colder as the comforting warmth she had when she awoken in this paradise drained from her.

"Artemis!"

"Wanda?" She gasped turning to see the witch becoming a clearer vision behind her as she turned.

"What have you done?" She gasped shocked as she felt herself draining from heat as she glanced down at her hands to see them beginning to fade.

"I will have saved your life. It is time to be we were both free" Wanda smiled as she began more solid in death. Wanda stepped towards her as she slowly began to sink to the floor. Gently placing her head against the cool marble Artemis's eyes closed.

***********

The screams and agony that had been escaping Artemis's mouth for the past hour was draining for the dwarves before a final burst of light blinded them as they turned to see Wanda missing and Artemis lying still on the rock.

"Where did she go?" Bilbo asked as Thorin turned away disappointed and stormed back into the mountain with the other shouting after his name. Balin however ran to Artemis's side and cried with relief when he saw her chest moving up and down slowly.

"She lives!" He cried joyfully however Thorin was already back inside the mountain as Dwalin carried Artemis back inside and placed her on a mattress as she barely stirred. Balin stayed watching over her as a couple days passed she finally woke up to see Oin beside her.

"I'm glad you are awake lass" He smiled as she frowned.

"Where's Thorin?" She whispered as he helped her sit up. He gave her a sad look unable to describe or how to tell her what had become of her king as he assisted her to her feet. Artemis felt her strength slowly returning to her with every step she took as Oin walked beside her in case she grew too tired. It wasn't everyday you returned from the dead. Guiding her towards the treasure room Artemis's heart grew heavy looking upon her birthplace and the sight of all the dwarves digging through the gold for the Arkenstone.

"Any sign of it?" Thorin's voice commanded as she turned to see him on a higher balcony dressed in furs and gold with a crown on his head. What hurt was she almost didn't recognise him and he didn't even give a glance in her direction.

"Nothing here." They all replied.

"The Arkenstone is in these halls. Find it!" He ordered, his voice was heavy and foreign to her ears as she realised that the dragon sickness had taken its toll on his already.

"You heard him, keep looking." Dwalin encouraged before he paused when he caught sight of Artemis standing in the doorway with a pained expression upon her face.

"All of you! No one rests until it is found!" Thorin shouted before he turned to leave yet stopped at the sight of Artemis.