He's a BEAR!

It was late at night; Artemis had her hood close to her face as the strong moon was seeping through the clear sky. She hissed between her teeth as she knew it would be a full moon tomorrow night, and by the rate they were going it would be the worst possible thing to change and be out in the open. The stench of Orc flooded her nose as she soon became unsettled when an unfamiliar scent drew closer.

They were all waiting on the edge of the forest and at the base of a rocky mountain waiting for Bilbo to report what was up ahead. When the wind blew down towards her giving her a strong scent of what was ahead her back straightened as she turned towards Gandalf who was standing at the back of the group.

"Gandalf!" She hissed towards him as they all turned their heads towards the sound of crunching gravel as Bilbo came towards the rest of group panting slightly.

"How close is the pack?" Thorin questioned him slightly agitated as he refused to glance in Artemis's direction. He knew his feelings had grown to deep territory whilst their stay in Sredir. He couldn't let his thoughts get distracted from what was ahead of them. He knew admitting his love to Artemis would result in nothing but heartbreak. He needed to guard his heart again even if it meant blocking and snarling her away like a beast. A beast he always accused her of being.

"Close. Too close. Couple of leagues...no more...but that's not the worst of it" Bilbo reported panting slightly.

"The wargs have picked up our scent?" Dwalin asked as Bilbo shook his head.

"No....we have another problem"

"They saw you?" Gandalf asked nervous.

"No that's not it..." Bilbo responded as Gandalf cut him off. Artemis was watching Bilbo stiffly her lip bitten as you could see even though she was hidden under her hood she was very uncomfortable.

"What did I tell you? Quiet as a mouse excellent burglar material" The rest of the company smiles with relief as they all murmur in agreement.

"Would you listen....will you just listen......I'm trying to tell you that there's something else out there" Bilbo had to speak slightly louder to gain their attention as everyone started to grumble worried as Thorin sighed annoyed. Gandalf frowned as he glanced over at Artemis and saw her posture, it was defensive and angry. Thorin watched them exchange their glances as he gulped making him narrow his eyes at the wizard and Artemis.

"What form? Did it take? Like a bear?" Gandalf asked Bilbo nervous. Suddenly everyone's attention snapped up at Gandalf as Bilbo looked confused at the worried wizard.

"Ye...ye...yes but bigger. Much bigger."

Gandalf doesn't say anything as he shuffled on his feet nervous

"You knew about this beast?" Bofur grows more worried as Gandalf turns round looking back into the forest with Artemis joining him, as she grew full human height so they could both exchange whispers. "I say we double back"

"We'll be run down by a pack of Orcs" Thorin grumbled as they all started to suggest ideas amongst themselves.