Festival of Sredir

Artemis enjoyed breakfast, half of the company had gone to enjoy the festival as all of those whom remained where Thorin, Gandalf, Dwalin and Balin. The General gave a cough gaining their attention after a soldier had reported back to him muttering words in his ear.

"The Orc group hunting you are waiting on the edge of the forest." He reported as Artemis nodded.

"We can't waist any more time than we already have. Durin's day is getting closer, we will leave in the cover of darkness and you will leave us in the woods safe from the barriers magic" She instructed as he hesitated at first as Thorin raised an eyebrow.

"Is that wise your majesty?" the General asked as she nodded.

"Once we have cleared the wall, the scent of dragon will right there under their nose. The longer we are with you the stronger the scent and the more danger we will be in and with the cover of darkness it gives us some advantage, wouldn't you agree General" She smirked as he smirked in response.

"I will see to everything your majesty" He bowed before leaving, as Artemis sighed happily.

"Well should we enjoy the festival?" Gandalf asked as Artemis beamed brightly nodding as they all left the halls. Thorin watched suspiciously when the General asked to see Artemis in private as he ignored it and went to join the others. It was like walking in a completely different town. The sun was glowing brightly, trees were in full bloom, the market was alive, and everyone was dressed and full of colour and life. Colourful flags like those held in a circus were pinned from house to house.

Kids were laughing, playing games, music and songs were flooding down the streets. Groups were dancing in the square as Fili and Kili, each holding a pint of ale were dancing in the festival laughing hard. It was traditional music and dancing that everyone knew as many clapped whilst watching. Thorin turned his head after a few murmurs spread as he watched the group part as Artemis came forward.

She was in full human height and was dressed in a royal purple dress. It had a single strap that rested on her left shoulder; it was slightly tight around the chest before it flowed down to mid thigh. Over her shoulder was thin light purple fabric that blew in the wind. On her head rested a silver tiara in her curly flowing hair. Her arm was in the crook of the General, though Thorin almost didn't recognise him, as he was dressed in black pants and a royal purple shirt.

Smiling he watched jealously as he pulled Artemis towards the square where couples in their matching colours smiled and joined as the music began playing.

[[[[[>>>>>DANCE>>>>> ]]]]]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb9UFk0Uy_0

Thorin couldn't lose Artemis in the crowd of dancing colours as the other women were dressed in crop tops, matching coloured skirts and black tights. Artemis felt free as she danced, smiling and laughing as she went from partner to partner, from group to group. She always noticed Thorin watching her as she would smile brightly towards him hoping he would join her.

When the song came to a finish Artemis was slightly puffed as she received a drink from General before he excused himself and went off to dance. Thorin didn't dance a single dance and refused to look at Artemis much to her disappointment. She tried speaking words to him and he wouldn't give her the time of day and she eventually gave up.