;12 kiss and tell

━━━━  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ━━━━

march 3rd, 1996.
ROOM OF REQUIREMENT

-

"who the fuck are you to judge?"

"you and i both know that's bullshit."

•••

Violet walked into Lana's dorm room, wearing a plain gray t-shirt with black sleeves, some low-waisted jeans, and dirty converse. "There's a party in the Gryffindor common room today, and we're going." She told her, puckering her lips and applying lip gloss.

"Did anyone even invite you?" Lana asked,

Violet finished putting on her lip gloss, "I get into parties without invitations."

Lana laughed, standing up to open her trunk and look through clothes. "So how's it going with Matt?"

Violet looked down and blushed, god, I'm blushing. They had begun their relationship on Valentine's day. He was sweet. Like, sweeter than every other guy she's ever been with. He got her flowers and planned their dates out thoroughly. She finally could get over Harry.

"It's going well." She said, and it was the first fully truthful sentence she's ever said. Lana picked an outfit finally, a pair of bootcut jeans with a cut-up tank top, a leather jacket, and some boots. Her styles crossed between Joan Jett and Lisa Bonet.

"Should we be getting drunk? It's a Sunday." Lana advised.

"Why are we not getting drunk? It's a Sunday."

Lana chuckled and leaped off her bed, she checks the time on her alarm clock. "It's eleven. We have to wake up at seven."

"I like to make an entrance at parties."

✧・゚: *✧

Harry was taking sips of his drink in the corner of the common room while everyone else was shouting and dancing to the music, he liked to keep himself closed off from people at parties. He didn't like having conversations with people because they would ask the same two things either how are you doing? or how was your day?

He knew that if he had another drink he would be hungover the next day, so he decided to stop himself since there was a DA meeting tomorrow. Also school, and classes where he has to see Violet and Matt kissing each other.

"You shouldn't be drinking." Hermione crept up on him, holding a bottle of cherry cola. "It's a school night." She told him. He turned his head and gave her an annoyed look, and she backed away and laughed. "What's got you all upset?"

Harry didn't reply and acted like he didn't hear her and took another sip of his drink. "—It's that Zamora girl, isn't it?" Hermione asked.

He still stayed silent and chugged down his drunk and grabbed a bottle of booze. Fuck it, he thought. Might as well get drunk since Violet isn't going to be here. Right as he began to down the bottle, Violet walked into the room. With Matt. She was wearing a cropped long sleeve shirt that showed a lot of her stomach, making people turn to see her as lit a joint.

She became more popular once she and Matt made it official that they began dating, making all the other Slytherins furious but everyone else fascinated. Everyone thought Violet was the 'cool girl'. She was new, foreign, could speak two languages, was kind of a bitch but friendly at the same time, and pretty.

'Violet' by Hole began playing, and Violet grabbed a bottle of Sangria and began dancing with Lana. She was so out there, and never cared about what others thought. She walked into a room like it was hers like she owned it. No girls he knew were ever like that, not like Violet.

"Happy Birthday, Weasley." Harry heard her say to Ron, making him look down and blush. He wondered if she treated him the same way she treated Ron. If what they had, or, what he thought they had was real. Or if he just made it all up in his head.

Then she was walking over to him, her lips red from the sangria. "Hey, stranger."

She was so perfect at ignoring the past. Ignoring her own past, and their own past. He wanted to ask her if there was anything ever there between them, but he knew she was with Matt. Matt. Why did she have to be with Matt?

Before Harry could reply, Matt snuck and wrapped his arm around her waist, making her giggle as he pulled her away. Harry rolled his eyes and continued to drink his booze straight from the bottle, as he was touching her skin. He saw them from afar, Violet kissing him as he wrapped his hands around her hair.

About an hour later, Matt had told Violet that he had to leave since he wanted to not get hungover for school the next day. They argued a bit since she wanted to stay. Harry saw him slightly grip her wrist, and when he let go there was a small mark. Matt gave her a kiss then left the party, and he saw Violet's eyes become drowsy as she had another, another, and another drink.

Harry eventually decided to go up to his dorm, to try and distract himself with a book. He brought the bottle with him too. He became bored and just ended up laying in bed, smoking and listening to the muffled music. He knew smoking was a bad habit, but he started this year. After you witness someone get killed in front of you, then almost dying and getting tortured, your lungs giving out could be a blessing in disguise.

Someone knocked on the door, and he hid the cigarette behind his back as he opened it to see Violet Zamora standing in the doorway. They stared at each other for a few seconds until she said, "I can see the smoke coming from the cigarette you're hiding behind your back."

He moved it and took a drag, "Want a drag?"

She shook her head and let herself in, sitting down on his bed. "Why'd you leave?"

"I guess I just don't really like seeing people tonguing right in front of me."

Violet scoffed, "Is that an attack towards me?"

"I don't know is it?"

Violet looked up. She was shocked at this unexpected rudeness, was he jealous. "You did it with Cho."

"So?"

"So?" Violet started to get heated, "Who the fuck are you to judge?"

"You and I both know that's bullshit," Harry said, putting out his cigarette and standing up so that he could be taller than Violet.

"Well in that case." Violet laughed, "You and I both know you're jealous, you and both know you wish you were him, you and I both know that you're acting like fucking asshole." She began to walk away, pausing before she left, "See you at the DA meeting."

Harry looked down as the door slammed, finishing off the bottle of whiskey, letting the liquid burn his throat. What he said was pretty fucked up, but he wasn't lying. He knew he messed up with Cho, but he told her he was sorry. But know she was with Matt now, and he was too late.