;24 illicit affairs

━━━━  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ━━━━

december 25th, 1996.
THE BURROW

-

"i really like this, violet."

"you made me a fucking mess."

•••

(cw: a lot of crying/arguing. sorry for taking so long to update, it's been a long week!)

Violet was staying at the burrow for Christmas since Diana had to take an urgent trick to Shanghai for work. She stayed in her own room, but in the middle of the night, she'd have Harry knocking at her door, finding her waiting for him.

She was sitting down on the couch, having a conversation with Molly, as Violet took sips of coffee from a mug. When they all had first met Violet, she asked if there was any coffee. Because where she was from, California and Mexico, it was all anyone drank. She wasn't used to drinking tea and had just moved to a whole different continent. So Molly made Arthur go to the nearest grocery store and buy coffee grounds, and a coffee maker for her.

Violet insisted that it was alright, that she could just drink tea but Molly wanted her to feel as comfortable as possible. No one had ever done something like that for her. Violet's mother was always kind, but they had their issues, same with her dad.

But it's been so long since she's seen them, she wonders if one day she'll forget what they were like, all her memories of them. She counted in her head and it's been...eight years. The only thing that stuck with her all this time was Spanish.

Violet had finished her coffee, and offered to get a cup for Molly when she went to go refill hers, "Oh, it's fine darling, I should actually check on the food."

Violet went to get the pot of coffee, pouring it into the mug, she turned to head to the couch. Ginny and Harry were there, laughing and giggling as she popped a pastry into his mouth. Harry smiled at her, then caught Violet's gaze.

She was glaring at him as she poured her coffee, pink lips pursed together in anger. The coffeed overfilled the cup, spilling on the counter and making Violet back away, not wanting to stain her dress. "Shit," She whispered, "I'm sorry." She apologized, grabbing a rag and wiping the mess up.

Harry watched her as she bent down in her baby pink dress, cleaning up the mess. She threw it in a basket for wash and chugged the whole mug in seconds.

Harry and Violet didn't even look at each other the entire dinner, he tried to catch her eye but she was avoiding his gaze as much as possible.