;28 seventeen

━━━━  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ━━━━

april 16th, 1997.
GIRLS DORMITORY

-

"violet,"

"i have to go."

•••

Violet pulled her top over her chest, admiring herself in the mirror, wanting to turn heads wherever she went today. She still felt disgusting. Something was off. No matter how good she looked, or how much makeup she put on, she'd still feel like something was missing. Maybe she just needed to smoke a joint, relieve her stress.

"You look fine," Lana reassured, but that wasn't a lot coming from her. She didn't care at all about what other people thought. She also knew that Violet was only being weird after what happened with Harry last month.

Naya budded in, running a hand through her long, black hair. "Seriously, Vee. You look good, stop being self-conscious."

A knock at the door, one that they all knew was Andy. Lana hurried to go open it, a bag filled with contents. Two bottles of vodka, a large bottle of Sangria, a couple of bottles of tequila for Violet, joints, pure weed, and a bong. "We're having fun tonight." He grinned, closing the bag and looking at Violet. "You're still gettin' ready, birthday girl?"

"She's changed her outfit a million bloody times." Lana groaned, snatching Andy's pack of cigarettes and lighting one for herself.

"Violet, we need to go soon." Andy warned, "It's almost midnight!"

"Fuck, fuck, okay! Fine." Violet groaned, putting on pink lipstick, then slipping on a pair of shoes, taking the cigarette out of Andy's lips, and placing it in hers. "Vamos."

They made their way through the common room, and corridors, leaving a trail of smoke wherever they walked. Once they got to the common room, loads of people screamed "Happy Birthday!" Which should have made Violet feel some type of happiness, but she still felt nothing. She smiled and was pulled into multiple embraces, people complimented her looks, her outfit, her hair. Music blasting, Violet did what she always did.

She used the first hour at the drink table, planning to get drunk enough to not remember this night. Throwing back Sangria, Tequila, Vodka, a girl from Ravenclaw brought Jell-O shots, and she had a couple of those also. The music mix was great, Andy making a tap specifically for her. It switched from Fiona Apple to Nirvana to Selena to Radiohead to 2Pac.

Lana and Violet were both dancing to a tune, Violet's dark locks flipping everywhere, bodies pressing together in the small space. It was some cheesy 80s song that they probably played in some Molly Ringwald movie, but no one cared.