;14 yo soy amado

━━━━  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ━━━━

may 20th, 1996.
ROOM OF REQUIREMENT

-

"—because you're making me fucking hate myself!"

"i think you're making yourself feel that way."

•••

(cw: graphic descriptions of domestic violence/abuse)

Violet and Harry had not spoken to each other in five weeks unless it was during a DA meeting, they collectively decided to just not talk about it. She hoped she convinced Harry that Matt wasn't hurting her.

It had been getting worse, and Violet was getting worse. She was always so confident, and so strong. But in those moments with Matt, she felt small, like a spider trapped in a glass jar that Matt was holding around her.

He said sorry, he said it was an accident. But it didn't stop. Their relationship was slowly rotting, and soon every good part of it would be decaying. It would just be lots of cakey makeup, and lots of layers and dressing like Kurt Cobain. Which was hard, since it was summer and warm.

Her only escape was sneaking out of DA meetings. It got her away from Matt for an hour or so, but once she got back it was back to black.

"Where were you?" He would ask, a slight tone of urgency in his voice that made Violet shiver.

"I was out." She said, placing a cigarette between her lips and lighting it. She began smoking again after she turned sixteen and Matt began hurting her. She exhaled, secretly hoping that he wouldn't be upset today.

Matt stood up from the common room couch, taking drags of her cigarette. "I'm not in the mood for your fuckin' attitude right now."

"My attitude?" Violet scoffed, "You want to be with me all the fucking time!"

"You're acting like a cunt." Matt yelled.

"Don't call me that," Violet said strongly.

"I didn't call you anything, I said you're acting like a cunt." Matt informed her, trying to talk down to her, just fueling her anger.

"I'm leaving," Violet said, about to walk up the stairs until Matt took hold of her arm, she managed to get his grip off, but he took the cigarette out of his mouth and burned it on her arm.