Chapter 17: He Noticed Me

OLIVIA

It's him.

It's actually him!

I tried to calm myself as he approached me next. I didn't think I would meet him this soon. It was my first time seeing him since I started working. I've just been here for a week, three days behind the counter. I was able to whip up the best coffee there is and managed to impress the whole staff and the manager.

Those "good wife" lessons for Clyde were actually paying off. I needed to be dead, broke and vengeful first, but it was paying off.

Finally, he was in front of me, "Hi, sir. Welcome to the Valley. May I take your order?"

It actually felt thrilling to be speaking to him. I guess this is what a soldier feels like when he gets a new gun...or in my case, a tank for war. I love it.

"I'll have what she's having." He said, pointing at the woman who came before him.

"Ah. You mean Monday's Finest? Coming right up, sir." I tipped my hat and went to the machines to make my bestseller.

Monday's Finest. The crew got confused when I decided to name it that way. I came up with it on my first day of working, so I decided to name it after that day. Then Kohi said it was the finest coffee he's ever tasted. So, the name was born. There's really no deep meaning behind-

"Kind of coffee name is that? What's so fine about Mondays?" Judah suddenly blurted out.

Oh crap. I need to think of something smart. I need to capture his interest and intrigue him or something. It's a good thing I think fast. Hope this works.

I bit my lip into a smile, tucking a loose strand behind my ear, "Nothing. That's why I made something to change that."

Okay, I think that was good. It was a worthy advertising.

As soon as I finished the cup, I grabbed a marker, "Name, sir?"

"Judah." He replied.

"Judah." I mouthed as I wrote his name. I didn't need to ask for it though. I know it all too well. I smiled, preventing my fingers from shaking in excitement as I handed him the cup, "Here you go, sir. Enjoy." Then I ended it with a wink. Gotta give him a little something. Hope he finds me cute.

He nodded once in gratitude and then he handed me his card.

Wow. I know he's rich but does he really have to show it in a coffee shop? I shot him a look. Isn't it a bit flashy to use his card just for a cup of coffee?

"Sorry, I have no change." He explained.

I sighed and grinned because I found his apology adorable, "It's okay, sir. We take everything we can."

Finally, he took a sip. His eyes widened and I took it as him liking the coffee I made. I did a subtle fist bump under the counter, reveling in the satisfaction of my first mission accomplished.

"This sh*t is good- Uh, sorry, it's not sh*t. It's just-"

"Good?" I finished for him to save him from his stutter, "We get that a lot. Thank you for your patronage." I held out his card after I processed his payment.

He gently took it from my hands, "Thanks, Miss..."-his eyes fell on my name tag- "Liv. Miss Liv."

I looked up, tipping my hat upwards so I could see him clearly. Hearing him say my name made my heart skip a beat. He noticed me. He finally noticed me!

"Just Liv is fine Mister Judah. Judah Kingston." I took a subtle glance at his card so he wouldn't get suspicious of why I knew his full name.

"Yeah." He mumbled as he placed the card in his pocket. His eyes were still drawn to me, his head tilting as if he was trying to figure something out.

Maybe trying to figure out how someone so beautiful could exist? Ugh! For the sake of my plan, at least I hope he finds me attractive. But these thoughts were soon disrupted when he asked me a question that made my heart skip a beat.

"I'm sorry, but have we met?"

I froze, and felt a lump stuck in my throat. Swallowing it whole, I answered as vague (and flirty) as possible, "Hmmm. Perhaps in your dreams?"

Oh god...that was so lame! I'm cringing at myself! I don't know what I'm saying! I should've studied flirting. I never needed to make this kind of effort with Clyde because we were engaged. Ugh! Just...UGH!

But Judah just asked if we've met before. How is that possible? He's never seen or met me. I do have a few pictures online... I think... and my name has been all over the internet because of Clyde's stupid resort show. Was it because of that?

Fortunately, Judah smiled at my remark. I tried to hide my recoiling expression with the biggest smile I ever pulled off-

Wait, no. I think I look creepy. Just... tone it down a bit. Hide your teeth. Show your dimple. Perfect!

"It's nothing." He shrugged, "You just looked familiar. Anyway, thanks for the coffee."

"You're welcome." As he was about to walk away, I was able to add, "Please come again!"

...using a very, very loud voice.

The whole cafe stopped and glanced at my direction. I bit my lip and pulled my hat down to hide my embarrassment. Damn it. I got too excited and desperate. I just need to keep on meeting him. I have no choice.

Judah chuckled at the commotion I caused. Wow. I never noticed it earlier but... he does have the most charming smile.

"I always do." He replied, raising the coffee cup. He nodded once and turned towards the door, but then he stopped and faced me again.

The world stopped for a moment as my heart skipped a small beat. What's he going to say...?