Chapter 55: They Knew Something

OLIVIA

Furious was an understatement. Every step I took towards the exit was so heavy that I felt like the floor would break under me.

His steps chased after mine, "Liv, listen to me!"

But I won't. I couldn't. Unfortunately, as I was about to grab the knob, Arthur caught up to me, taking hold of my wrist. I couldn't contain myself. Without a word, I turned around and slapped him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

He was unfazed as he turned back to me, "I told you. Let me explain."

"There is no acceptable explanation for this, Arthur! You're literally sleeping with the enemy! How... how could you? To Judah? To me?!"

"Liv..."

My heart ached so much that the anger wasn't enough to contain the pain. I burst into tears, hitting him on his chest with all my might.

"I trusted you. I trusted you! You said you would protect me. You would protect us! How could you even be with her?!"

"Olivia, she is not one of them."

"Bullsh*t!"

Then Geneva, now suitably dressed, walked out of the bedroom and carefully tried to intervene, "O-olivia... please, hear us out first—"

"How dare you be here?!" I answered crossly. To hell with my accent with these snakes. I'll only look like a fool now. "Did you seduce him too? Do you thirst for all the men in life? You... are such a slut!"

"Olivia! That's enough!" Arthur answered on her behalf, stepping in front of her as if shielding her from me.

My jaw dropped in disbelief, "What?"

"Gen did nothing wrong. Alright? Just let her—"

"Gen? Gen?! You call this bitch Gen?! When the hell did this happen for you to give her a nickname?!"

"Liv, please."

"I couldn't even get you to talk to me for months. Months, Arthur!"

He reached for my shoulder in hopes of calming me down, "Okay, I'm sorry about that, but—"

"No! I'm out of here! And don't ever show your faces again!" I said to both of them before specifically looking at Arthur, "Damn you. I can't even fire you because of Judah, but know this. I don't want you in my life anymore. To hell with your bullsh*t promises and protection."

For a second, he flinched. But then, he prohibited me from leaving again. He slammed on the door loudly, "Will you just please listen first?!"

"How dare you—"

"You think I would do this to you and Judah on purpose? Is that what you think of me?"

"Clearly, I don't know you, Arthur," I answered between gritted teeth. "Not after what you did. But now I know everything. You're nothing but a traitor!"

"You know nothing," Geneva blurted out, making me turn to her.

Clyde said the same thing.

"What did you just say to me?"

Her eyes started welling, her voice unstable, "You know nothing. It's true that I've caused you pain, and I've been regretting it every day. But I had no choice."

I scoffed at her words, "No choice? You had no choice but to ruin our friendship and sleep with my husband?!"

"To protect you. And I NEVER went that far with Clyde. Never. But everything we ever did was to protect you. That's the truth."