Chapter 28: It Was a Better Deal

OLIVIA

Judah went to the door and locked it. He took a deep breath before turning to me, "Well that was fun."

"What the hell were you thinking?" I sighed and fell on the couch, holding my head, "We need to plan ahead with this acting stuff. I can't keep up."

"Well, you got the Russian accent down... sometimes." He chuckled, "That was sweet, by the way. What you said back there. It almost got me. You're pretty good with words."

I leaned back and gave him a blank expression, "And you're pretty good with... your fingers."

Hmmm. Out of context, that would come out wrong, wouldn't it?

He let out a short laugh, "Ha. Sorry about that. I was only trying to have fun. But now I gained some useful information."

"My bust size?"

He smirked, "Mhm. Priceless."

"Oh, shut up." I rolled my eyes and turned my head away.

He walked towards me and sat beside me on the couch. It was quite big, so there were two seats in between us. We faced each other, leaning on the arm rests on each side. He placed one elbow on the backrest, turning towards me completely. I crossed my arms and turned towards him a bit too.

"So..." I started, "We're really getting married next week."

He sighed, "Yeah. It will be official. We'll be... legal partners."

I chuckled, but then I remembered the reality of what I am getting him into. I bit my lips and let my hands rest on lap.

"Hey, Judah?"

"Yeah?"

I shrugged and look at him with the most apologetic expression I could ever wear, "It's not that I'm doubting your resolve and I'm very grateful that you took the deal and accepted me. But... are you really sure about this? Marrying me? For real? And just for...revenge?"

He brows met in the middle, "What are you talking about? Of course, we're doing this. And yes, we're doing it for real. Unless... you'd be more convenient with fake marriage."

His tone at the end made it sound like he was joking, but I tried to think of it seriously, "Will you?"

"What?"

"Will you be more convenient with a fake marriage? With an act? I mean... we're the only ones who know, right?" I asked sincerely.

He narrowed his eyes in confusion. He paused for a moment, looking at the ground, maybe finally realizing it was a serious proposal. Then, his eyes went back at me, "Why are you asking this now? Where was all the boldness you had when you stepped into my office?"

"It's just that... now that we're having an actual wedding and not just a contract signing... I suddenly remembered that...this was real. We're actually going to get married for a revenge plan, and it's my idea. I just feel like I'm trapping you, you know. Forcing you." I admitted, "I mean... don't you want to be married to someone you really like...or love?"

He shook his head smiled, "Let's see. Being married to someone I don't really love, but finding quite fascinating and looking forward to knowing more about-"

I let out a subtle laugh at his words.

"-or being married to someone I do love... but this person didn't care about me, made me feel bad for the time we're together, and even tried to kill me." He raised his brows knowingly at the end. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I couldn't. My lips curved into a smile instead.