Chapter 42: She Used to Be Good

OLIVIA

I wanted to find the guy earlier and thank him. Any longer on that bench and I don't know what would've happened. Well, I do know... but I can't.

"Judah." I whispered my husband's name to no one. I leaned back on the wall, adjusting myself so I won't fall from this closed toilet I'm sitting on. I've been here for a few minutes now, just trying to calm my heart down.

Damn it. Judah makes me feel so amazing. I want to have him, and I want him to have me... badly. But we had a deal. We're only friends. Married, but foremost friends. And before we got together, I promised myself I'll do it right this time. No falling in love and getting left behind again. I have to stick to the end of my deal.

I need to control my feelings for that man. I can't fall for Judah.

Even though I know he's different from Clyde, I had already learned my lesson in falling for my husband... and business partner. Besides, Judah's priority is Kingston. And I need to have the same focus if I want to stay with him.

"Okay, Olivia. Let's do this. Normal face." I stood up, fixed my gown, and made sure that I had completely covered Judah's mark with the concealer. I took out my mask from my gown's secret pocket. As soon as I opened the door and came across the mirror, my heart stopped. Familiar reddish hair and crimson dress. She stood on the side, putting on lipstick.

Geneva.

Before she got a look at me, I quickly put on my mask. Our gazes met. Hopefully, she only recognized me as the woman who stole her spotlight earlier. She narrowed her eyes and I avoided it, walking towards the mirror to fix my hair. It was still a bit disheveled thanks to Judah. As I tried to set my hair again with water, I felt Geneva still staring... glaring at me. I was trying my best to ignore her, but she suddenly spoke to me.

"You're the one showing all that skin on the dance floor. Kingston, right?" She still had that crass, unrefined way of speaking. She almost sounds like a valley girl.

I equipped my Russian accent, "I am. My apologies for earlier. We're still in the honeymoon stage."

"Oh, please. Haven't you been married for months now?"

"Even a year is nothing when you're married to a man as fine as mine," I smirked, then whispered the next words, "But I doubt you'll know what that feels like." Since yours is human trash.

She quirked a brow, "I'm sorry?"

"Oh, nothing. By the way, congratulations on your engagement."

"Ah." She proudly holds up the hand with the huge diamond ring, "This? Yes, I'm getting married to THE Clyde Harrison. Tomorrow's papers will be all about us."

"Nobody reads the paper nowadays, honey." I retorted, grabbing a lipstick from my pocket, "But I get why you're happy. You found gold. Like they say... one woman's trash is another woman's treasure."

I tried to hold myself back. To leave the room and not cause a scandal for Judah, but I just had to throw it at her face. If we do end up pulling each other's hair, I can take her anyway. I took on assassins once. This bitch is nothing.

She noticed the shade I was trying throw because she scowled at me and raised her voice, "Excuse me?!"

I sighed, finishing my lipstick, "Mr. Clyde Harrison. He used to be married, no? The one who died. What was the name of the poor girl, again?"

I heard her sharply take a breath of air, "N-not many people knew her..."

"Ah, yes. Olivia Reagan. But you. You know her, right?"