Chapter 54.5: It Was a Disturbing Sight

OLIVIA

I didn't wait for Arthur. As soon as I was out of Harris-Moore, I took a cab to Kingston. I looked like a mess from all the crying and I really wasn't in the mood to talk to other people yet, except for Arthur. So, I took the secret elevator at the lobby. It was on an uncrowded path, where I was hidden by the giant columns and glass walls.

As I made my way, I took out my phone to call Arthur. Strangely, he didn't answer. Usually, he doesn't let the phone ring more than three times, even when he's driving. His last text said he'll be in Kingston.

"Where the hell is he?"

I kept calling him as I finally got to the elevator. But I almost dropped my phone when I saw someone I didn't expect to see at Kingston, much less this secret pathway that's known only to our staff.

"Geneva?"

I hid in the corner for a minute to avoid her. What is she doing here? And how does she know about this path?

I kept watching her, careful not to be seen. She then pressed the button and got on. After a minute of trying to call Arthur, I decided to give up on him and followed her myself. I waited to see what floor she would get off on. It was the 11th. I took the other elevator to save time and catch up to her.

I don't know what I'll do when I see her, but after the encounters I had with Clyde, the one person who shouldn't know about my identity, I gained this newfound courage to face anyone related to the Harrisons.

In just a few seconds, I arrived at the floor. After two doors, I was in the hall of our hotel rooms. I looked in every direction but Geneva moved too fast. She was nowhere to be found.

"Mrs. Kingston?" It was one of the attendants with a cart full of refreshments, "What are you doing here, ma'am? Can I help you?"

"Ah, yes. I'm supposed to meet a guest in one of these rooms. We just got off the elevator a few seconds apart, but I forgot which room she took."

"Oh! Well, I did see a woman enter 1107. She was wearing a coat and a purple dress. Is that her, ma'am?"

I nodded, "Yes! Thank you, uhm"— I glanced at his name tag— "Troy. Do you happen to have a spare card for the room? I think I heard her say she'll be in the shower. She might not hear me."

At first, he looked hesitant. It's part of their training not to let anyone inside occupied rooms. The guests should be the ones to open their doors for them. But he eventually complied, assured me that I was the one asking for it.

"S-sure thing, ma'am. I think I have an emergency card here," he bent down and searched the metal boxes he had at the bottom of the cart. "Ah. Here you go, ma'am. If I'm not here later, you can leave it on the 11th-floor concierge desk."

I took the card from him, "Thank you for the help, Troy. I appreciate it."

"At your service, Mrs. Kingston." With that, he took off.

I made my way to 1107, the room Troy mentioned. I took precautions and leaned against the door, which I then realized was useless because our hotel doors were soundproof. I guess I just have to barge in.

I took a minute to work on my response. She might be a paying customer, so I can't just get her kicked out. It will tarnish our hotel's reputation. Though, she is Clyde's fiancée, technically a Harrison. So, without Judah's or my permission, she shouldn't be here, right? At least, that's how I think our rivalry goes.

"Whatever. She's in our territory. No matter what her reason is, I'll have the upper hand."

Making my decision, I tapped the card on the doorknob and it clicked open. I took no caution in entering, taking heavy strides, and mentally preparing for the coming drama and action.

But no temptress soul greeted me in the living room. I looked around and saw a few bags and the coat she was wearing earlier, all sprawled on the carpeted floor. She's here, but where?

I walked around, leaning against the door of each room in the suite. Then, I heard sounds coming from the master bedroom, which made me think twice about entering it, especially when I recognized what kind of sounds they were.

She was with someone. A man.

Clyde? No, that's impossible. When I left Harris-Moore, he just stood there. If he were to be here ahead of me or Geneva, I should've seen him.

So, another man? Is Geneva cheating on Clyde?

For a moment, I wanted to laugh my heart out. The woman Clyde cheated on me with is now cheating on him. How ironic. How well-deserved. But I remembered the things that happened with Clyde earlier, and all the lies he said.

I don't believe them. Nothing he says will ever change the past, and the fact that I want to destroy him. But it did confuse me.

Everything is confusing me right now.

But let's disregard Clyde's lies for a second. It's still a fact that he left me for Geneva. He's even engaged to her now. So, he must care about her. If I get proof of her infidelity, will it hurt him?

"I want to hurt him."

But just as I was about to decide my next course of action, I heard one of Geneva's ear-scathing moans—this one, in particular, had a name. And it shocked me to my core.

No way. It's not him, right? It couldn't be. He won't do that.

But my hands were already turning the knob. I flung it open with much force, only to find that my suspicions were right.

I caught them sitting up. Geneva was on top of him, with her bare back facing me. But his eyes were on me. And when they met my own, he immediately stopped their indiscretions, throwing her to the side of the bed with enough force that she tumbled her way onto the carpet.

"Ow! Arthur what the hell?!"

My vision started to blur as disbelief and betrayal overwhelmed me. I glanced at Geneva then back at his serpent-skinned face. Geneva's eyes widened as she saw me. Her lips quivered and she pulled on the blankets to cover her chest.

"Olivia..." she gasped.

He told her.

Arthur got up from the bed, clad with nothing but his unbuttoned pants. He reached out his hand to me as if to stop me, "L-liv, I can explain."

But I couldn't stand the sight of him. Not for another second. I said nothing and immediately ran out the door.  

____________________________________________________

Author's Note:

You good? Or was that too shocking for you? HAHAHA even I was gasping when I was writing it. 

Just a short chapter for now, guys. I'll be joining an organization this week! I still don't know anyone yet (a few people, only online) but I hope this will increase my chances of having someone to walk halls with. 

I'll try to update soon for you guys. Til the next chap! I love you all so much!

Ahn Onimus