Chapter 20.5: He Called for a Cup

OLIVIA

Damn it.

Damn it!

Two days. It's been two days since I last saw him. Ever since the delivery trial became a thing, people all over the vicinity has been ringing our phones like it's a damn bell in an earthquake drill.

"Bye, Liv! I'll go ahead now. See ya when the sun rises." CJ bid goodbye, waving as she walked out the cafe. I groaned in reply, resting my head on a table. My eyes followed her until she turned to a corner. It made me feel more tired, being left alone now. The only company I had after closing time was CJ because it was her turn to do the inventory. But she finished early. So, I'm all alone now. Ugh, I miss Mary. She won't let me stay alone here.

The blinds of the window were already down. So are the roll up doors outside; only the main door remains, but it is locked on the outside, with the sign already flipped to "We are Open" on my side. Which means we are closed. We have been for hours.

But not the delivery. That's why I'm stuck down here. To wait for the call of customers. To wait for his call. But two days have already passed, and I haven't heard from him since. Ugh. I was so sure I got his attention with the horrendous flirting and the coffee! But why hasn't he called yet?!

"I set up this delivery crap for him! All for him!" I yelled at the air. I let out a sigh in frustration. I looked to my side where my bag was. I brought it here two days ago. It contained the clothes and documents I need for my grand plan with Judah. But I'm starting to lose hope of ever using it.

I looked at the clock above the door. It was already 1:30am. I'm getting tired and the sweet coffee smell is like eucalyptus on my nose. It's so relaxing that it's making me sleepy. And it's frustrating to feel that way!

But I really am getting tired. I've been handling customers for the past days, making and delivering their orders. None of them was Judah Kingston. Call me impatient, but expecting only to get nothing is really wearing me out. Should I just rest for today?

"Yeah. I probably should." I turned on the cafe phone to see if there were any texts, but nothing showed up, except for the low battery notification.

"Yup. No customers for the rest of the night." I think I would just go home for today. Tell them our system's down or something.

I took my jacket and proceeded to clean up my stuff. Just as I was about to leave, the phone sounded a ping. It was an inquiry from a customer.

[Hi. I heard you guys deliver. Is that still going on?] Ugh! Really? Just as I was about to leave, you do this to me?!

I have no time for customers right now. I want to rest. To hell with what my boss will say. He's not paying me for this anyway.

[Hello, dear customer. Our delivery service will be unavailable for a few hours. We'll get it up and running soon. Sorry for the inconvenience- Valley Cafe.] I replied.

I put the phone down, but just seconds after my reply, it chimed again.

[I see. Can I send my order and address beforehand? I'll pay extra if needed.]

Oh, wow. This person must really be craving our coffee right now. Well, along as he...or she is willing to wait, and I can still get my rest... yeah, why not?

[ Of course. Just send it here :) ] I replied.

I put the phone in my pocket, but then it buzzed again almost immediately. What I saw next shook the ground beneath my feet.

[Monday's Finest; large, and a Valley Bagel. Kingston Corp- Judah Kingston. Thanks.]

It's him...

It's really him!

Judah Kingston's delivery! Ha! This jerk! Making me wait for two days. He finally took the bait!

Without missing a beat, my fingers vigorously started typing. The sound of my nails hitting the screen echoed through the empty cafe.

[Delivery is now available! Please expect your order in 15 minutes.]

I took out the clothes from my bag, the envelope and went to the back to change. After this, I'll just get his order, deliver it... and my plan will finally be set in motion.

Get ready, Kingston. I'm coming for you.