Chapter 29: It's the Perfect Amount of Gold

OLIVIA

Today's the day.

To be honest, I feel a bit more petrified than excited or wonderful. Is this what they call cold feet? Or is this what most brides feel during their wedding? But then again, other brides marry for love and fulfilling girlish childhood fantasies. I'm doing this for revenge, at least for formality and our backstory's sake before we get down to business

"He really had to insist." I groaned inwardly as I stared at my reflection on the gold-framed mirror. I look at the glass and I don't see Olivia Regan, but Via Morozov with her platinum blonde hair in an updo, fake green eyes- but my blue ones were kinda turning the contacts into this teal color- and the most gorgeous champagne wedding dress with these gold details.

I didn't look like me, which was very assuring. The last thing I wanted was someone recognizing me, not that my face was very known to begin with.

"But..." I sighed to myself.

I kinda felt sad for her. Olivia, I mean. Part of me was wishing that I could be the real me, Olivia Reagan, with a wedding I would prepare for on my own, with a guy I really want to be with, not some murderer asshole or business partner, though the latter is not all bad... and with the people I know and love.

"Miss Via? Are you ready? They're waiting." Irina's voice rang from downstairs. I was at the second floor and the wedding was at the hall below.

"Come on, my love. They're ready for us." Judah's voice followed. He was also downstairs waiting on the other side of the wedding hall's door.

"I'll be there." I smiled to myself, carrying my dress and making way down the stairs.

It's too late now. Olivia needs to stay dead, and let Via take the wheel. I'll do my best.

"Be here faster. I'm dying to see you." Judah called, letting out an enthusiastic chuckle at the end.

Since we were having a wedding, we decided we would also do the traditions, including not seeing each other till the ceremony. So, we slept in different rooms here in this Russian hotel I forgot the name of. I'm going to look it up later since I need to know all things Rus from here on out.

Irina replied to him, "Oh, Mr. Kingston. You will die once you see her. She looks unreal."

"Is that so? Well, I did tell you to make her the most beautiful bride in the-"

Judah's sentence stopped midway when our eyes met. We didn't let our gazes turn to any direction as I finished the last few steps. I took a deep breath as I walked closer, stopping two feet away from him.

"So? Is this Kingston enough?" I asked.

But he just stared at me for a good 10 seconds before speaking, "Damn it, Irina. You made her too beautiful."

I smiled, twirling my gown a bit, "So, it's not too much gold?"

He shook his head, "It's the perfect amount of gold."

I heard Irina sniff, as if stifling a cry, "Oh, I'm so happy for the both of you! I'll go find my seat. I can't wait to see both of you down the aisle."

"Thank you, Irina." I said before she took off to enter the hall through a different door.

Judah and I stood there alone, waiting for the big giant doors to be opened. We looked at each other, and I can tell that both of us were quite anxious.

"This is it." I blurted out, "I guess I'll be Via Kingston after this ceremony."

"Yeah. It'll be official..." He cleared his throat, "Uh... what happened earlier wasn't an act. You really do look beautiful."